Hitchhiker vanishes from Treestuff?

People can say whatever they feel Butch!

Paul decided to stop doing business with the TreeStuff team in Indianapolis after years of mutual support. That is his prerogative.

Things have changed since Sherrill got involved. Maybe it's coincidence, maybe it's Tobe.

I predicted this when the change happened; PO's from Tree Stuff, for the Working Climber Video Series, dropped more than 90% since Sherrill took the reigns.

Fact: Sherrill touts the Arbor Master Video Series. Even though my videos are more affordable for the beginner, and illustrate far more tricks for the buck over the arbor master series.

On the other hand PO's from Wes Spur for the Working Climber Video Series have gone up. Funny how it all works out. Ha!

Anybody who would tout any video series over the Working Climber stuff is just, completely out of his gourd. There's just no other way to put it. Experience is the ONLY thing that matters when you're trying to train anyone to do anything.

I've always considered Sherrill a really crummy company who had the good sense to hire a really good artist to illustrate their stupid, little "training" manuals.

Go Wespur. Nice Guy Dave's got more experience in his little finger than anybody at Sherrill has got in his whole body, and that's ANOTHER fact, Jer.

Well, here we go again!

Brian Kotwitka, with his most excellent line drawing skills. branded the Sherrill name. Tobe was smart. His catalog, featuring Brians line drawings illustrating how to use the tools, made the difference. Plus the fact that Brian is a skilled arborist made the drawings accurate and even more better yet.

I've often wondered why the other companies have never picked up on BK's skillz. Or even procured their own illustrator.

I made an order Monday for a cabling job today.

It arrived Wednesday.

They forgot to put the quick wraps in the box....foiled the job. I ordered quick wedge grips from Wesspur also.....Those came fine.

Once I realized Thursday that the quick wraps were not there i called and left a message saying WTF. This morning in my email suddenly a new order for quick wraps coming on Saturday.

I go to the job planning on using the 3/8 wedge grips and the 3/8 wire that TS sent me......

Oh. TS sent me 5/16ths cable. WTF. I call them. They have no more in stock so she suggests I put common grade 3/8 in the tree arriving Saturday then when the 3/8 ehs is in stock send me that and go replace the common for ehs in the tree. Shes telling me about the problems in the warehouse with things not labeled. I told her I didn't care.

I will say that Justin gave me a $60 gift certificate, which is sweet.....
BUT I still have to pay much much more to get me and another guy to go out again and finish the job.

Straight up, Jerry!

Better than Cancer, Death or a Cheating Wife......

Just an inconvenience and let down. We just bald monkeys.

So.. just a heads up.. our local Ace Hardware Store, is becoming a WesSpur dealer here in CA. I am working with the owner in making sure we have stuff on the shelf for the tree crews out here trying to get it done. I hope we can arrange some demos and stuff with them. Maybe some work shops.

That's cool for you guys, Stephen.

Maybe you can arrange a deal where anything bought through the hardware store that isn't in stock, gets free shipping. That would encourage buying through them and not having to go directly to WesSpur.

Well sorta... adds 8% tax to our purchases up front now ... and of course, I bet they mark the stuff up some. But nice in that if I need a rope real quick.. it'll be there.

See my addition to my earlier post about shipping. Does a dealer not get a discount, why the markup beyond regular retail? A company shouldn't undersell their dealers, except special things like Paul does for Treehouse folks.

'Sherrillstuff' 😂😂😂

Them drawings in the original sherrilltree catalogs were priceless,irreplaceable.

Well sorta... adds 8% tax to our purchases up front now ... and of course, I bet they mark the stuff up some. But nice in that if I need a rope real quick.. it'll be there.
They should get a serious discount so i doubt they mark much up

Small town, always a mark up. In fact, just enough mark up to keep you from driving an hour plus out to get it cheaper. Sort of like, here is the MSRP... now add 20 plus dollars for fuel .... tada... mark up.
Our shipping costs more here too. Because we are off the beaten path and because they can. I doubt WesSpur will hurt the store with their pricing to the store. But after that... what the market will bear. Our brick and mortar store fronts are high rent as well. CA taxes suck. we all pay for the privilege of living in the hills.
I will quote something that was said by someone in that very same store.
A couple bags of concrete were needed for a weekend project. So a trip to town was warranted to finish the project. Just plain ran short of crete bought down in the valley for about $3.00 a bag (80#)
$8.00 a bag in town for a #60. When asked why so damn much a mark up. The person at the store said, "so where else can you buy a bag of concrete on a Sunday in town with out having to run an hour away for it." Nails and screws ... same story ... often almost double the cost local.
We have a lumber yard. Best you don't build a house from it.
Seriously. And forget food. You shop the sales. Or you drive an hour once a month and stock up.
This is not really a rant. Just saying. We still are paying almost $3.00 per gallon for fuel up here. I can get it cheaper next town over. But you should hear the motors running on those dredges :|:
Hell, even Katy's check engine light comes on with the cheaper fuels. Had to drain the chipper once. :lol: WTF right?

Back