Hitchhiker vanishes from Treestuff?

Mind you, we are talking about Gold Country here.. CA gold rush... Back in the 1800s, they used to sell eggs for a lot more.. Same with flour. More than we pay now by far. "The gold pans that miners needed cost 20 cents before 1849, but soon were sold for $8 each. The cost of eggs rose from $1.00, to $2.00, to $3.00 per egg. "
I think they really miss those days. I work for families that made their fortunes being the store keepers.

My last treestuff order was perfect and cheaper than Wesspurr or Sherrill's. I will continue with treestuff until that changes. I do have limited funds for this and will go the cheaper rout regardless of who it is as long as service is good. Service is king in the end.

Mind you, we are talking about Gold Country here.. CA gold rush... Back in the 1800s, they used to sell eggs for a lot more.. Same with flour. More than we pay now by far. "The gold pans that miners needed cost 20 cents before 1849, but soon were sold for $8 each. The cost of eggs rose from $1.00, to $2.00, to $3.00 per egg. "
I think they really miss those days. I work for families that made their fortunes being the store keepers.

if you want to get rich in a gold rush, sell shovels

I predicted this when the change happened; PO's from Tree Stuff, for the Working Climber Video Series, dropped more than 90% since Sherrill took the reigns.....

Do you really believe that is from Sherrill shenanigans or the fact that so many people abandoned Treestuff due to the hatred of that company and the speculation that things would be going to hell?

I continue to shop at Treestuff and will happily support such an innovative company that has done so much good for our industry.

Doesn't really relate to the topic, but a corollary to Broncman's post might be that an individual deserving of a raise from an employer should never have to ask for one either.

I enjoyed meeting WesSpur's Nice Guy Dave at the Crane man Inc's course near Philly last April. Definitely made a big impression that WesSpur supported that course by Dave's presence there, and the rigging slings and other gear WesSpur provided. Kudos to them.

Do you really believe that is from Sherrill shenanigans or the fact that so many people abandoned Treestuff due to the hatred of that company and the speculation that things would be going to hell?

I continue to shop at Treestuff and will happily support such an innovative company that has done so much good for our industry.

Dave, since the take-over Sherrill writes up the purchase orders. In 3 months I've received one PO for 8 video sets.

Luke always order 50 to 60 video sets at a time, on average every 2 months.

I mentioned, Sherrill touts and sells the Arbor Master training videos. I've tried in earnest to get Tobe to carry my vids and I always get the same answer, which is no answer.

It's Tobe's prerogative to buy and sell what he wants, and I'm not going to loose any sleep over it. Thank you.

Gerry, can we buy directly from you or do we have to go through a distributor? Either way I will be purchasing your videos. I'm not wanting to get directly involved in the sherrill-stuff argument. I have never had any major issues with Treestuff and I can deal with the minor ones, especially after they fixed them and have gone above and beyond for me.
I will mention certain things to Tripp and Tobe in a few weeks when I go to see their operation. I do believe that they want to change sherrill and model themselves closer to the way Luke ran things. At least I hope. I'm also hoping to keep treestuff as my major supplier. I will know more after the "gathering" and the expo. If things seem wrong to me I will shop around more. Certain things don't matter to me. X-rings,antell rings, ABR rings; I don't use any. The HH and your wealth of knowledge I use daily. I will continue to support you guys no matter where I need to shop. As for other things I'll continue to spend my money with TS until given reason to shop elsewhere.

Hope my words don't come off wrong. I'm not the best at conveying what I really feel

Where is the "like" button on this site?

Butch said: "Post this..."

:thumbup:

Thanks, Butch, for the suggestion. The problem for me is, to get to the point of creating the "Thumbs up" symbol you see above, it took me 5 clicks of the mouse, and 4 separate strokes on the keyboard. It also creates another post that takes up space in the reading of the thread, instead of just adding up as a total number of "Likes" underneath the original post. If one person posts an extremely popular sentiment in a post, do you really expect twenty people to create twenty separate posts that quote the original post, just to add in their "Thumbs up"?

I love this forum, Butch, and appreciate the fact that you go to all of the trouble to run it. I don't even know whether or not you have anyone helping you. The lack of a "Like" button is a little bit of a PITA, though, and the end result is that people who post have no real idea of how many folks are having a positive response to what they write.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Tim

The lack of a "Like" button is a little bit of a PITA, though, and the end result is that people who post have no real idea of how many folks are having a positive response to what they write.

That is the extreme beauty of it. Not everything needs to be like Facebook. You post and keep it casual, no need to obsess on how many likes a post receives, imo.

Butch said: "Post this..."

:thumbup:

Thanks, Butch, for the suggestion. The problem for me is, to get to the point of creating the "Thumbs up" symbol you see above, it took me 5 clicks of the mouse, and 4 separate strokes on the keyboard. It also creates another post that takes up space in the reading of the thread, instead of just adding up as a total number of "Likes" underneath the original post. If one person posts an extremely popular sentiment in a post, do you really expect twenty people to create twenty separate posts that quote the original post, just to add in their "Thumbs up"?

I love this forum, Butch, and appreciate the fact that you go to all of the trouble to run it. I don't even know whether or not you have anyone helping you. The lack of a "Like" button is a little bit of a PITA, though, and the end result is that people who post have no real idea of how many folks are having a positive response to what they write.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Tim

type,colon symbol thumbup colon symbol, no spaces

Back