My chain saw is camping out for the night...

I've left my saw in the woods a few times, it wouldn't have occurred to me, but guys I was with did it as a matter of fact. it felt weird at first. I've forgotten to put my saws inside my shop at night when returning after a job, just left them sitting by the front door. Kind of jumped on me like my dog when I got back there in the morning.

One thing you don't want to do is leaving your saw under some spruce branches at the edge of a clearcut, getting the flu and not returning to work for a week.
Took me almost ½ a day to find the damned thing, since the clear cut has grown in size while I was laid up.
It was just luck that kept a skidder from running over it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I got back in the tree today and single roped almost to my TIP. Cut three more big limbs and had no issues till the last one... I dropped my saw AGAIN! Non locking carabineer.... Off to find a small locking carabineer. The echo is one tuff little saw.

Doesn't it always happen in 3's.

I once set my saw in a burned out cavern of a redwood stump. Even covered it up with my chaps. Figuring it was safe from the rain that was forcast to come over the weekend, and it rained, too. When I showed up Monday morning to go work, a long hike up the mountain from the landing I'll tell you, the inside of the stump and the saw were dry, but try as I might the saw would not start, as the air box and crankcase were full of water! Even after changing the plug 3 times, a trip to the landing go to fetch two of which, it still wouldn't fire. Water just kept coming out.

I was so tired of walking up and down the mountain, and tugging the pull-rope to bring that saw to life, I just said Fug-it, and set my compass for the Gualala Hotel.

As I walked through the landing, for the third time that morning, Don Sunstrum, the logger said, "You're not going to let a little thing like that stop you, Jer, are you? I told him, "I'm not going to hike up that mountain for a forth time in one day, Don, I'll see you in the morning."

I googled Gualala Hotel...dang if it ain't a real place out your way. That word is crazy enough I thought you had to make it up!

Good reviews, too.

Back