Official Guns Thread

Looking at a progressive for future volume. I think it is this model... AP Lock and Load. Local shop showed it to me, but is going to demo it for me and the lads here soon.
679228.jpg

I have some AR parts that I need to do something with. My buddy bought me a Spikes Tactical lower and a fancy new hand guard. The hand guard is cool as it does not use a nut that has to be aligned with the gas tube. It has a nut that is small so the tube goes above it, and then the hand guard is located with allen screws at an angle.

I need an upper, all the parts for the lower and upper, plus a light 24 inch barrel. I was going to chamber it in 22x6.8, my gunsmith really likes that one. But .223 is so cheap to shoot.

I would chamber the AR in 5.56. Then you have the ability to shoot both the 5.56 and .223.

All dressed up and no where to go.
And all out of sand bags for the final dial in. :|:
Oh well, she's close, won't take much to zero now. :)

Attachments

• tmp_9158-20161024_172329-1691535410.jpg
    tmp_9158-20161024_172329-1691535410.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 46
I have been shooting my Beeman break barrel pellet rifle a lot lately tho it seems that my gopher target population has dwindled.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Picked up '75 Remington 1100LW 20. It's the version before the LT20. It's built on a 28 gauge receiver. Fixed mod choke. This is my current grouse gun. Beautiful fit and finish.

Sounds nice. Wish we had better selections local.
Oh... and Jim.....
I think you asked about the sights on my .40 S&W....
TruGlo TFX pro
Tritium Fibre Optic.

I am on a real shotgun kick at the present. Nice sounding gun Chris.

I was at a gun shop the other day and thought of your kids Stephen.

There were a couple Mossberg .410's in the rack. One was the full size like I have and two were the 510 compact. Just right for a kid I figure.

One was black and the other was pink camo.

I used my .410 to kill a garter snake tonight. It was already dead......wife wanted it deader.

Question for you gun peeps..... Are you all anal about keeping your guns in mint condition or are you OK with scratches and dings? I have several that are in mint, but my favorites are kind of messed up. As I say, each scratch is a memory. My hunting rifle is beat to hell. Not that I don't take care of it, but I use it. I look at it like a tool. You're supposed to use it as intended and not baby it.

I'm asking because I am researching the guns that my dad left for my boys and finding all sorts of people talking about how they have similar guns in near perfect condition. I'm wondering if they ever use them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not anal. I enjoy my guns. They get wet. They take tumbles in the woods. If I was wealthy I'd have a collection of mint guns. But I'm not. I'm a hunter and a shooter. I do my best to be easy on them but I always end up leaving a few memories on them.

I'm anal about them. When I was 15 my grandfather gave me his father's Ithaca 16ga. I was so worrieded about using it in bad weather I bought a used Remington 870 Express.

Question for you gun peeps..... Are you all anal about keeping your guns in mint condition or are you OK with scratches and dings? I have several that are in mint, but my favorites are kind of messed up. As I say, each scratch is a memory. My hunting rifle is beat to hell. Not that I don't take care of it, but I use it. I look at it like a tool. You're supposed to use it as intended and not baby it.

I'm asking because I am researching the guns that my dad left for my boys and finding all sorts of people talking about how they have similar guns in near perfect condition. I'm wondering if they ever use them

They never use them :). Most gun geeks have detailed explanations for why they bought this one and how that one is perfect for something or another but the reality is they just sit in the safe and collect dust. If they actually are a range rat, chances are they have a few things that get used a lot and the rest of the collection sits and collects dust or they get used for a while but slowly make their way to the back of the safe as new things come in (my habit). The moral of the story is that in general, most guns don't get used that much :).

I sold most of my collection a while back but if I was interested in something, I'd buy one in good condition but with a few marks on it. If I bought it I was going to shoot it, at least for awhile, so good condition with a few dings was what I looked for. And being interested in accuracy, a strong bore is way more important than a dinged stock.

I have a couple friends who have thousands and thousands of dollars worth of premium handguns and most of them haven't even been fired. They just sit in the safe. They say firing them reduces their value.

I've never understood that.

Back