Official Guns Thread

I'm happy for you, if it's a gun you want and like, Stephen.

But it looks stoopid to me. I mean, really??? You can't get a normal looking rifle that will do every single thing that wannabe military look firearm will do?

But of course, I may well be wrong. It has happened before.

I'm happy for you, if it's a gun you want and like, Stephen.

But it looks stoopid to me. I mean, really??? You can't get a normal looking rifle that will do every single thing that wannabe military look firearm will do?

But of course, I may well be wrong. It has happened before.
Actually, i have my mini 14, wooden stock etc. Shoots the same ammo.
Price was the selling point, and the times. And the coyotes. The rails on the rifle give me options i do not have for the mini. Low light conditions and back drop. Right optics and a good light will go far.
Last thing i thought i would ever own B. I like more traditional wood and actions on my guns. AR rifles are far from my choice fire arm. They do have their place. If i had to pay a proper price for it, it would still be in my buddies gun safe. I paid less for it than a case of 1000 .556. Almost brand new. Probably a few hundred rounds through it. Maybe. He had a better one built on an ar 10 platform in 6.5 creedmore that shoots better than a precision bolt action in the same caliber. So it was just not important to him. He knew i was trying to solve some animal protection issues. Hooked me up.

Still a stoopid gun to me :). I wouldn't take it if a friend offered it free. But whatever, sir. Your choice, and you are free to do so...I'd never try to limit that.

Speaking of levers........I just bought 500 250 grain round nose flat point bullets for 45 LC.

My marlin does not feed the 270 grain SWC very well. Hope it feeds the 250 better.

yep...I love the levers too.

I load a 405 grain cast bullet in my 45-90. I think its 20 grains of Trail Boss.

Its just fun as hell to yard that big ole smoking case out the top of that rifle!

Those 405s pack a whallop. And they cycle good in my Marlin 45-70
I think we used Unique? Maybe. Ill have to look at the label we wrote up. They actually shot higher that the 300s did. Those were Hornady. The 405s are hard cast lead.
I have to finish getting set up to start loading .243. Now that I added that Savage to the club. Too fun to shoot.

i know y'all are careful.......be vigilant storing guns. Had a 13yo with gunshot to leg.

410 judge to the calf.......wasnt pretty

with those mini shells i assume its to get more in the mag?

Back