Official Guns Thread

They vote shit in. Eventually reap the expensive rewards and come to realize, they cant afford to live here. They sell, move to a new state, and start doing the same stupid shit.

Eventually, the opposition has their way and the state goes the other direction for a while.

We have 15 years of mortgage left on a fixed interest loan that can be put on hold should thing get bad. Tough deal to beat.
We would have to finish fixing the property to sell for the amount we would need to cash out and buy for cash. Of course you aleays tatake a loss too when moving. Let alone the start over costs. New business or employment.
Might do well to just hunker down. Pay it off and wait till we retire. Reassess.

My threaded Lone Wolf barrel came in today for the Glock 19. Now to get a Glock 19.....

On another note, I did a job for a guy who lives near me yesterday, after which he fed me fresh fried crappie, with hushpuppies, coleslaw and french fries. Afterward, he let me shoot what he calls his ".22-270". He loads 130-grain bullets like normal, but uses 17 grains of Trail Boss powder. The result is a .270 that his young granddaughter can shoot. It has very low recoil, and is nowhere near as loud as a normal .270. He said it'll kill a deer out to modest distances as well.

The idiots in charge finally reopened the shops, so I took a trip over to PA and was lucky enough to find this gem on the rack: Remington Model 870 Wingmaster, 12ga, 28" barrel, in very good condition, $300. The sight of it alone should scare off the desperate morons who may come scavenging if this situation gets out of hand...

IMG_20200403_100101.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like my shotty Brian. Got it back in the 80s, but never used it much. I never had the property to shoot on, and didn't make the time to travel to one I could.

I would like to pick up a used Mossberg Maverick 88 with the 18.5 barrel in 20 gauge. I need a light weight hiking companion and truck gun.

Yeah, me too. I've been toying with getting an 88 because they are so darned inexpensive, yet according to folks that have them, are still reliable.

With a Hogue tamer pistol grip the OAL is just 28" and 5.5 pounds in 20 gauge.

I miss my Ithaca 37 Featherlight...that Remington 870 looks a lot like it. I'm gonna have to get one or the other.

I just looked up that Mossberg 88...that's a real contender, too. I'll look at that...6 shot capacity, handles 3" shells...good specs.

Reactions: DMc
FNH makes some awesome guns. I have a 509 in black that I still haven't shot yet. I love the FDE color. Are you getting a suppressor for it? I have one for my FiveSeven.

"Early Model 88s were equipped with a single slide rail, but this was updated to a dual slide rail in 1990." ~Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: DMc
Back