Official Guns Thread

I made myself a shooting table for my 200yd point for Christmas. Been meaning to do it. Had the wood alead from the mill. Just sort of slapped it together from my head after a couple of revisions :lol:
Stout. Now I just have to level it out where I placed it and remove some brush for a good line of sight.

Nice. Could use one myself and my bro's place. Limb fell on his picnic table we were using. :lol:

North place I have 600yd to wood line and 500yd to other wood line. Have taken yote at about 450yd walking it off.

Nice. I used to have a sand bag I would just put up on the hood of the truck and park the truck where I wanted. One of the kids chopped the bag all up screwing around and the cats finished the job.
Figured I would just set something up more proper for everyone to use. Kids are showing interest in longer range shots.

My friend shipped out a bunch of steel targets. The fancy stuff that is ready to hang.

We have the range mapped out pretty well. Targets from 100 out to 1400 yards.

If we move back a little we will be able to shoot to 2200 yards.

Try and get it all together in the spring.

I just spent all my Christmas money.

Ordered an HS Precision stock, bottom metal and guard screws.

Should be able to start my 6mm Remington Improved project in a couple days. Gunsmith already has a reamer.

I have the Hart barrel and the donor rifle. The barrel will finish at 27 inches.

Will use a Trigger Tech trigger.

All I will need is a set of Talley mounts and a scope.....oh, and some dies, and brass......and some bullets.......Crap!

Dont know if I mentioned it, but my Gunsmith friend is going to let me help put the gun together.

Basically that will mean truing the action, threading and chambering the barrel, and bedding the stock.

Jim, It might take a lot of sanding but it will smooth out. If you have a 4” angle grinder buy a sanding wheel for it and it won’t take any time at all and it will be smooth as a babies butt.

Was doing some emergency work on a chainsaw Sun for a friend. So he could finish cutting before dark. Broken clutch spring.
He just happen to bring something I havent shot before. 500 S&W. So that is now my biggest handgun over my 454 casull I owned.

Spring had to be ordered so I pulled a clutch off one of my saws. His recoil spring was hanging up on full pull so I put a recoil from one of my saws too. I tried to fix but nothing worked.
Bet you dont get that service on a Sun anywhere else. ;)

Take care of those that take care of you IMO. ;)

Ammo in the right 700gr. I only got to shoot the left side stuff.

sw500.jpg 500454etc.jpg

Ahh. Yah but then you have to go and pick them all up. :D

I could use some throwing knives. Would be fun. Can't shoot at my place due to by-laws.

Rainy day project. New sight for the sp101 in 357. Hated the factory sight. So I am putting tritium on it for carry.
Of course my 1/16th" punch is no where to be found.:?

Attachments

• 20180108_093723.jpg
    20180108_093723.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 22
Damn! I was thinking those knives looked pretty cool and wondering if they ship to Canada?

Then Stephen posts that up! Nice piece Stephen.

Back