Official Guns Thread

So used to paying high dollar in CA, a handle set would hardly be a deal breaker for me. I was real lucky on mine at the price. Me an one of the guys with a Python were playing with shots at 250 yard the other day. He is a pro shooter and I kept up pretty good with him. I had the longer barrel and hotter loads though.

A friend has a Security Six. He can put all his shots on the paper at 100 yards. He is into blackpowder cartridge rifles. Shoots one or two matches a year, still.

Wish I had the money to start shooting again. I could probably get 1000 yards out back, if I shot across the valley to the other side of the farm.

Reloading is going to be key for me. A nice progressive set up is on my list. Going to have a reloading party soon. One of thee guys at the club is going to let me use his set up. Taking me under his wing so to speak.

I just budget myself and keep an eye for sales. Also, when I have a few bucks, I buy a box. Amazing how it adds up if you don't shoot it up ;)
Then you cycle and replace.
Sight all done. I had to modify the punch. supposed to be 1/16th, but....... whats a few thousandths between mfgs..:|:

Attachments

• 20180108_153426.jpg
    20180108_153426.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 66
I picked up this little beauty yesterday. It's an FN FiveseveN in FDE. I've had a black one for a while and I've been waiting to catch the FDE version on sale. This is a stock photo but it's exactly the same.

FN 5.7 FDE.jpg

So you buy your guns by colour?

Do they have to match your hand bag or your tie.

What is that chambered in and why do you like it so much?

I have a CZ75 chambered in 9 but often think I would get a 40

The caliber is 5.7 x 28mm. It's a high velocity light weight round. The pistol carries 20+1 rounds and is still very light(about half a pound lighter than a Glock 17). The ballistic tip bullet is designed to fragment to reduce over-penetration. It makes a nice self defense carry weapon and it fits my hand perfectly. It's just a fun gun to shoot, especially in low light when you can see the flames shooting out of the muzzle. Other advantages include low recoil, a flat trajectory, very accurate, and it's extremely reliable(over 2,500 rounds through my other FN with no problems at all). The downsides are ammo cost and that darn safety. Most of my other pistols don't have a safety so I have to retrain my brain every time I shoot the FN.

No. I reloaded shotgun shells for my dad when I was a kid. I even bought a shotgun reloader kit a few years ago but I've never used it. It's so much easier to point and click and have a heavy box delivered to my door two days later. :|:

It'll be a while before I can add pics to this thread, but I do have a wishlist.:/:

Ruger 6 7/8" MKIV pistol, and a Ruger 1911 are at the top.

Pics?

:/:

99028-rugerkmkivhuntersemiautopistol22lr678flutedbarrelstainlessonebuttontakedownnew-s4.JPG

AlsoIncludes.jpg

Back