Official Guns Thread

When you say at the range. Do you mean a public shooting range or your own range? Just curious. I'm so jealous of people that can just shoot at will at home.

It is a membership range. I am a member through our local Fish & Game club. I can bring guests though, and guests are welcome by their own volition. So they pay a non membership day pass if visiting.
We have trap, pistol and rifle set up. Out doors.

IMG_2429.jpg

dang sideways uploads.........been throwing everything sharp since christmas. Pretty fun. Kids have gotten good too

Granted, I have a set up at home, but I am working on it present, so it is not all set up at the moment. Also, it is not covered, where as at the range, rain is no biggie since we shoot from a covered area. Out to 285 yards current. They are talking a 1000 yard range. But it is in the works. The range is on a cattle ranch and we have to work an agreement out with the owners.

they sell them at dicks sporting goods and field and stream........

I was just checking out those sog tomahawks on amazon. Seems in canada that's going to be my best bet to get some knives or axes maybe.

I was thinking that would be fun to do with my kid, your pic confirms it. Good stuff.

we have fun...... get a larger tomawk for yourself. The SOG are pretty light and small.....more like knife weight......still fun.

we are throwing those now from about 30'

30' nice. Seems a legit skill to have. I'm thinking knives though to start. Cheap to try out and see if we want to get some other styles or tomahawks or something.

Oldie but goody!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0L5QC9ZJkM8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lol:

There's plenty of others cheaper. Are they easy to damage you find? I assume the S and W are the shiny ones in your pic? Those black/red ones with the hole on the end. Is their a purpose to the hole?

Stephen, I just missed a stainless Security-Six a few weeks ago with a 6" barrel. I felt the guy wanted a bit too much for it. Had it had the factory wooden grips, I likely would have bought it.

So used to paying high dollar in CA, a handle set would hardly be a deal breaker for me. I was real lucky on mine at the price. Me an one of the guys with a Python were playing with shots at 250 yard the other day. He is a pro shooter and I kept up pretty good with him. I had the longer barrel and hotter loads though.

get the three pack...they are 10" knives

work better for me, That second set is a kershaw brand...much lighter, my son likes those better

guess were gonna have to start a official knife throwing thread

I think the hole is for drawing them or something ......

Smith and wesson are durable. Cold steel makes some good ones to. 10" or longer is best I think

Back