Imidocloprid 4F

Wow, imidicloprid for injection systems is $1000 per litre here.

For real Chris!
The only product licenced for use as injectable for control of elm leaf beetle is Bayer SilvaShield...and it costs $1000 per litre.
1ml per injection approx. 3ml per 15cm circumference...go figure!

so typical, everyone must see australia as a place full of idiots prepared to pay any amount. How the feck can tree medicine be worth a grand per litre?

There is a 20% solution in Australia for agricultural use I'm looking in to. It does state on instructions you can inject the product and it's $250 for 5 litres. I use SS at the moment and too expensive.

Saying that it's expensive, I have a company in the UK I'm trying to pilot a possum deterrent which is injectable. With shipping (on ice) for around $5000 a cup, if customs let it in. I'm not going to risk it.

I went to look at a youngish elm tree I injected early this year.
Wow, big lesion at one site. The Silvashield was all caked in there too.
I'll get a picture and see what you lot have to say...

I'd be very interested in what you find out about the alternative to SS mate.
What injection equipment do you use?

I'd be very interested in what you find out about the alternative to SS mate.
What injection equipment do you use?

Arborjet.. SS has crystallised on me before when it's got wet. I use plugs now so no water can get in after.

Arborjet.. SS has crystallised on me before when it's got wet. I use plugs now so no water can get in after.

How in the world can this stuff be sensitive to water and still be injected into a water-rich environment?

For real!!

I use a wedgle, and have seen the product sometimes go from clear pee colour to solid white as soon as it hits the sap. That's even injecting through the plug.
I was told by the Wedgle company that their pre pack product is slightly different, so it doesn't immediately crystalize, but I can't import it here.
They suggested I cut the Silvashield with a solvent...but that has implications of its own.

Back