New ISC ascender

Altissimus

TreeHouser
My instant review of ISC's new handled , VERY well built. As they all do the same thing anyways and have owned Petzl's and CMI's ... Also the Kong's ..., this one is built for our world if not over built. Worth the extra Shekels I say. (I did remove the safety pin thing though as I won't use that feature for my ascent / limb acces style.)

The new #iscwales #stryder foot ascender. For all those that aren't a fan of the new pantin style ascenders this is your go to. Optional locking lever which can be removed by removing the Allan bolt for kick out ability! Slightly stiffer spring than the old pantin meaning it doesn't kick out as often unintentionally.

Attachments

• 14222306_1113167988750486_3791859104035174797_n.jpg
    14222306_1113167988750486_3791859104035174797_n.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My ankle ascender currently is CMI , had the Pantin ... Never kicked out of the Rope intentional or unintentional. To get out I reach down for the lever/ lock.

Altissimus,

Does the heavier spring prevent the rope from falling through on its own as you begin your climb? I noticed that with my CT ascender. I Have to climb a few more feet before the rope falls through on its own. The Petzl Pantin has the advantage there, but I didn't like it for the fact that I kicked out quite often.

Nick Bonner showed me the old version of the Pantin, which happens to be the version I own. The old Pantin had a hole in the side plate. That hole is perfect for attaching a micro carabiner. No more kick-outs, as the carabiner acts as a stop and prevents the Pantin from opening.

Joel

I have the old petzl, its serves its purpose very well, apart from kicking out sometimes, but it has that hole which ive never used. This new ISC one looks nice....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not to pick favorites but ISC wins quality in all direct compares. For instance my crazy dog needed my small fixed cheek pulley for her run as she beat to failure a steel and aluminum CMI. Had to fix rig scheme flaw and needed my tending pulley for immediate re-rig. Ordered ISC replacement and it's a much better built one.

Back