Watches...

i roll with watch now......but I count heart rate/ respirations/ apnea duration. I find I rely less on my phone now to remain on schedule

The Gshock black out analog

It says 404 Page not found but click on Models at the top and they'll show.

I had a Seiko like the Galactic once, still got it somewhere but I haven't worn a watch for a long time.

asset-version-36361b405f-galactic-41-2.png

Same here, never wear one.

One of the few heirlooms that has been handed down through my family is a solid gold pocket watch that originally belonged to my great grandfather., maybe even from earlier. Had to come from Europe somewhere. It's in a safe deposit box in the states. My mom said that my older brother was to have it, but he's gone now. I really need to get back to pick it up to give to his son. Along with a small second hand, the watch also shows the phase of the moon. When a kid I used to take it out if my father's top dresser drawer and play with it. It's got some weight to it, feels warm to touch.

I have three watches that I next to never wear only on rare occasion when the wife and I play grown up.

Wear a watch every day. If I forget it, well, chaos!

I also carry my phone, but what a pain in the ass having to dig it out of my pocket to check the time!

Its a 40 dollar Timex though. The watches above are ridiculous, just too garish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a small $10 woman's watch with the strap removed so I can carry it in my front pocket.

I thought about a cool pocketwatch, but they are too big and bulky. Hence, the woman's watch... about the size of a quarter.

No kidding. I have ruined probably a dozen watches in the last 10 years.

Always getting hung up on stuff. My problem is that I dont stop and figure out the problem, just keep going. Bam. Ruined watch.

Thats why all my clothes have patches on them.

You are just moving too fast for the world to keep up, Jim. Damn the torpedoes! All ahead full!

My last watch was on a velcro band...got it snagged and sprung recently...40 foot fall to the ground. Must have hit just right...can't tell it ever fell. Worked fine til it snagged again about a week ago and is now lost.

I'm switching back to non-velcro bands.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can usually guess the time within 10 minutes. It's uncanny - I'm always testing myself. Perhaps it's an old age thing...

Back