No crotch anchor methods?

Running bowline works just fine.

Kind of a neat little video though. Some of those setups seem a little convoluted, but still cool.

Alpine butterfly with a quicklink and a tail long enough for retrieval, cinched tight. If it's going to have a redirect or two then I might use a pinto pulley and biner. Many neat ideas out there, I just don't have the room on my saddle or brain to use many of them.

Late to the party, but any cinching canopy anchor will do. My current favorite is a forged ring tied with an anchor hitch and the working end running through the ring. The tail of the anchor hitch is used for the retrieval line (and also serves as a stopper knot for the anchor hitch). Of course, my setup is for SRT only.

20160922_190713.jpg

The loose carabiner in the pick serves no purpose here. I just keep it on for retrievable redirects and clipping it to my saddle.

Hey no problem, Gary.

Georgio, earlier today I was at a training event held by Ed Carpenter of North American Training Solutions and we discussed almost the exact setup you had in your first system. He didn't endorse it, but he didn't condemn it either. I think his hesitation derived from the possibility of side loading the carabiner against the ring. Personally, I think you'd be fine using that setup. To play devil's advocate, I thought I'd bring it up.

On your second setup, I'm not keen on repeatedly letting any hardware fall to the ground during retrieval. If all you need is to pull it off this once, then go for it (or have a throwline control the descent or whatever).

That is a cool setup. Simple, smart, with bomber hardware.

Been quicklinking and pintoing quite a bit lately myself Peter. Good calls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hunnicut,
What is the other line tied to the tail?

Thanks for all the help guys. I have been mapping out my climb and looks like I will be doing a redirect below my main TIP. My existing plan is to use a SRT retrievable redirect that is cinching. Going to try it out on some ground level stuff first to see if my idea works.
I basically made a copy of a cinching anchor I saw on treestuff .

Ring on one end with large loop on the other.

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=14882

Broncman, in the pic the green/grey line is tied to the tail of the yellow line simply to retrieve the system from the ground or from elsewhere in the canopy.

Delta link if I am setting it from the ground or going to be working the tree on it. They are bombproof and can be loaded from any direction.
Steel autolocker for spar work when I am clipping and unclipping alot.
Keep it simple, having a retrieval line seems overly compicated to me.

Back