2016 Mr. Olympia

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
It happens this weekend...

I'm rooting for my main man Phil Heath, defending his title for the 6th time.

Any other fans here?

Please - don't respond if you wanna hate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope, that's the defending Champion.

hqdefault.jpg

He is a very cool guy...

Bodybuilding at that level is never natural. That's just the nature of sports these days. It's a trade off, but actually not that terrible for you if you do it correctly and don't abuse the stuff.

Arnold would have lost going up against that guy?

In Arnold's day, it was more about symmetry. It's still that way, but more about mass. I predict one day the aspect on mass will be reduced and it will come full circle - back to symmetry again.

It's all about looking superhuman.

1st place is a check for $675,000 and tons more money that comes from other areas. It's not too bad a living. I hope Phil kicks all their asses! :rockon:

Probably a successful body builder will bring in memberships to a gym. Or do those top notch guys have home gyms with all that you need?

Was rooting for my buddy Jeremy Potvin, served together in WA for a few years. Took 3rd place in the Men's Physique.

Josh

It sucks how they have to darken the skin so much. It looks crazy when their face stays so white.

I think they overdo it...

Yeah the tanning is pretty excessive. But it's all part of the game.

Josh

Dude to be like that its no longer working out...its a lifestyle man this stuff always impresses me. I would never want to be anywhere near that large though lol unless someone was paying me 675,000$ for it.

Yes, it just started. He will gain weight and smooth out in order to develop even more muscle for next year. It's unhealthy and nonproductive (plus it's torture!) to remain lean and ripped all year.

Sure, he may use roids, but it is also worth noting to get that big, be able to get that ripped, and win that much, he also uses super human self-discipline that is an extremely rare commodity.

While I may disagree with the chemicals and sport in general, my hat is off to him for the amazing dedication and discipline. An inspiration in deed.

Back