Big Douglas-fir craning vid....

rbtree

Climbing Up
Craning of a cedar, tall but small fir, and a behemoth--150 feet tall, which produced over 2600 board feet! About 1000 board feet more than I guessed. We dropped the butt log, with the self loader nudging it, to save crane tim and due to the weight, which had to have been close to 10000 lb. It was 27 feet long, and 32" inside the bark, and 1220 board feet by itself!! After, I led the log trucker to another job, which had about 1500 board feet of crooked, knotty Douglas-fir.. which saved having to firewood it, made for close to a 5000 board foot load, and should add a bit to the bottom line...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zWrolSpLZ9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch on YT, HD and full screen....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been taking lots of trips lately, so am working today. We're halfway through a removal of more damned Lombardy Poplar weed trees.... Produced 36 yards of chips from the first group yesterday, and doing the rest today...will leave the lower sticks up for the grapple truck to grab while we cut the butts, saves facing them up. Thickest canopies I can recall with poplars, and only 100-110 feet tall for that reason, I assume... Will get a time lapse vid today....

Just back from Indy, spent three days there shooting JAMBO, burned 2500 images onto film....errr, you know.... took ages to edit everything. Met scads of great climbers, what a blast, thanks Nick Bonner, for trading me gear credit for my plane ticket!!

I'm off Wednesday to Boise for our ISA chapter conference and two day TCC, which will be the third TCC I've shot in 20 days....! Getting arthritis in my trigger finger....heh heh

Back