EFI Stihl concept saw

Grendel

TreeHouser
Check this out, what do you think?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qpc-zvfhXVg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lnWvApBJHYA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good questions. I don't think they're available anywhere yet, maybe in Germany soon? But I'd be game just for the bar!

I bet these would make sweet 'in-tree' saws, being all lightweight. . .

Good point Ger, I bet the filter cover is $200 :?

It is a concept saw, made to try out ideas in different way's.
It was made only a small series. No sales.
Same injection system as on cut of saw TS 500i I think they discontinued.
This is the way to go IMO. Electronically controlled Direct fuel injection. A lot better than electronic carburetor.
It vary in weight depending on were you read. Also in what parts that was carbon fiber.
As far as I understood it was just covers on the saw.
Biggest gain in weight was bar.

alinea_11405.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right on Magnus, that bar is less than half the weight of a standard E series. Not like carbon replacements for the covers would save much weight, if any, and you can't be giving up much on the handle VS aluminum. Case looks the same, basically. That Bar though, is gutted! It works out to about 200 grams lighter than an Oregon Lightweight for the same size. Who knows what an EFI setup weights VS comp carb or regular carb, but let's assume they are about the same, maybe a little lighter?

Stihl's next 441 should have that bar, EFI, and all the regular body panels. I'd snap one up for sure. 8)

These ligt bars is interesting. If they keep stability that is needed its a good thing, but I haven't seen one yet that do that.
When cutting hardwood with long bars you need stability.
Not just in the bars center, but in the rails as well. Often you see light bars were tie strap isn't fully resting on rail and excessive wear follow shortly that result in change of sprocket, bar and chain.

In larger tree with big saws, weight is not a big problem as you only hold it in transports.
Smaller trees were you do lots of limbing and handling of saw it is more important IMO.

Dug through thread. 18K for saw and bar is ...................

Stihl is offering up the 25" Carbon fiber bar just like on the carbon concept saw.
They are autographed by Hans Peter Stihl, and come in a display box
They only made 500 for world wide sale.
Only $749.95

:lol:

Have a bunch of pics saved. Will try and upload 1 here. They are already in the link I provided a couple post back.

stihlproto2.jpg

Back