Monkey Beaver Saddle

Thanks for the offer Magnum. Pm sent. That's very nice to offer to send a saddle to someone you don't know. Great folks here!

August, I'll call this evening when I can talk a little. Thanks.

Where exactly are the side Ds supposed to land? Maybe I have this idea all messed up in my head. Maybe my concern is not a concern. Maybe I am just looney all are possibilities

I don't know if the Augusts MB has different philosophies on this, but I have always wanted D's to fit with the leading edge at the front of your hip bones. It's a fine line, too far back and your lanyard hardware will dig into your hips and to far forward will tend to loosen the waist belt causing the saddle to slip.

Not trying to be smart but what part of the D are you using as a ref point front or rear? I guess simply stated when you are talking front back which part of the D

The front rounded part of the D lining up with the front edge of your hip bone. Do to differences in individuals anatomy it can't be applied that literally but the idea is to keep lanyard hardware from causing pain from it pressing into the hip bones but not having them so far forward that they cause other problems.

Mine may be too far forward then, @Benjo75 you may truly want me to ship you mine. For figment reason either that or Per your conversation with August you may want to order a medium.

Sounds like this is going to be my next saddle when I am ready to pull the trigger. I'll keep my Tree Austria as back up. I only need the fall arrest it provides if I fly a lift. I saw that Tree Stuff has a nice suspender set up for the MB.

It doesn't really help the cause much for me to suggest that customizations can happen, rampant customizations tend to hurt profit, but hey! this doesn't seem rampant.[/QUOTE]
...the two times I ordered something different on a stock model from Buckingham , they first made sure it was safe and charged a reasonable fee for special order. For a few extra Shekels you get what you want and the Seller is covered on the producing end.

I talked to August yesterday and he just happened to be at New Tribe. They think I would be a large. So that's good enough for me. Now that's service! Thanks August!

Magnum I sent you my address. Let me know if you got it or not. That's very nice to offer. I normally don't want anyone to go to any trouble for me but that may be the only way to get to try one on first.

I talked to August yesterday and he just happened to be at New Tribe. They think I would be a large. So that's good enough for me. Now that's service! Thanks August!

Magnum I sent you my address. Let me know if you got it or not. That's very nice to offer. I normally don't want anyone to go to any trouble for me but that may be the only way to get to try one on first.

Received and replied. Many people have been super generous to me over the years the least I could do is repay just a little.

Looking forward to the video August. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me.

I really appreciate it Magnum. I'll make it worth it.

New Tribe used to custom make saddles I think Burnam once said. I bet if the money were presented, they would make whatever size you want.

Nicely done August.

That was awesome, thanks.

I wonder what the elapsed time per belt is or, belts/hour? Where do the Dees come from, and the nylon?

At 6.03 it looks like he's running a damn locomotive, running that clobbering machine.

The vid obviously makes you appreciate the time and effort needed to make a saddle.

I dig the machine gun/ diesel engine sounds around 9.22.

Geez they're gonna be bored sewing after you leave, no comic relief!

Have you tried swimming in the saddle, after all, beavers are damn good aquanauts.

Did you see the pics posted In The News thread about the beaver that moseyed into a drug store and kinda trashed the artificial xmas tree section??:lol: They have the cutest damn paddles. :drink:

Thanks, August. I really enjoyed watching that. I spent some time sewing the Bry-Dan saddles so I can fully appreciate the quality and skill involved in the making of your saddle.

Craftsmanship. Nice to see how it is done...good video of the process.

I like the human touch, seeing the people that are "hands-on" with such a fine piece of gear.

Back