Monkey Beaver Saddle

To main differences in my mind between the Onyx and the monkey beaver. Joe didn't think I should mention it in the video but I think the back support is more substantial on my belt. The other thing is that the monkey beaver has better distribution of accessory attachment points resulting in less device conflict, especially with regard to the saw lanyard attachment and short saw connect attachment.
Don't know if that makes sense. They're both sweet belts but I feel like this one is further evolved/dialed in..

Ha, great vid! The end was pretty funny.

Cool info re the mechanical bridge.

It must feel great to have an idea come to fruition after years of work and evolution. :drink:

Ive been on a batten seat forever, I think you were saying this saddle would tend to satisfy those type of saddle users due to the design and adjustibility, eh?

The 2 non life support gear grabber rings on left side, those look rather heavy duty for a light duty purpose, can you talk a little about that? Thanks.

Hopefully it's at the upcoming tcia expo in Baltimore so I can hang around in it for a while.

Btw, what mechanical bridge adjuster is that? I presume a Gibbs would work too?

I will talk more later. On my way to pick up a new boxer.
For demo…
Don't want to derail my own thread with equipment talk but yes that is a yoke adjuster. The greatest simplest adjuster I have ever used.

What the heck, I will answer now. Those two D's on the side are not heavy. They are very light. I don't know they are there except when I can easily attach something to them without looking and trying very hard. They are very very functional and yes we like them Hahahaha, they are hungry. They like things clipped to them. It's easy. I love easy.

You need something that articulates, imnsho.

Will there be one at the expo? I would like to try one on. I guess there is a meeting on Thursday for the one handling demo:lol:

Levi! You're back!

Yeah, never left really, just refrained from posting for a spell.

By cool I mean it looks functional and comfortable. I especially like how the legs work. Maybe a TH share around is in order???

Edit- I also wouldn't mind hearing about Joe's unicender setup, it looks very custom.

Back in '03 I traveled to Grants Pass, Oregon expressly to get a custom saddle made at New Tribe. Sophie, fitted me with various permutations whilst dangling from a cable in her cottage factory. Don't get any strange ideas about that. Once we reach an agreement in practical design, utility and comfort I wrote a Sophie a check, and two weeks later I put on my first ever custom made climbing saddle since I made my own. And it was good...

And it keeps getting better!

And it keeps getting better!

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

Oh man August! I LOVE those big D rings! That's an awesome feature. Especially when you all laid back, with something else on them, they'd dog ear out and be easy to catch. That's sweet!

Actual pockets for Caritool/Transporters, also sweet.

Secondary straps on the leg pads are brilliant.

Really cool.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
6ce8cdac5d08751538f2d4b2b380277d.jpg

At last! Finally came in late last night. All I was able to do was add my transporter, and large dmm swivel to the bridge.

Very impressed so far. Sat in it for a few minutes from a pull up bar in the house. Once I get it dialed in it's going to be pretty sweet. The secondary straps on the leg loops are a brilliant idea. Planning on spending the weekend climbing in it.

Back