Monkey Beaver Saddle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok I got to climb in the new harness. My initial impression is... it's pretty sweet!
I don't climb everyday and I don't do it for a living so my opinion is more from a rec/ aspiring arborist point of view. The only other saddles I've been in are an old weaver pole climbing style harness and the treemotion lite that I've had for almost 2 years I think.
I really like the saddle. The buckles are a must in my eyes now that I have a saddle that has them. The saddle was extremely easy to put on and adjust. I actually didn't adjust anything other than the waist belt and secondary leg loops.
The belt is super comfortable. The belt padding is somewhere around 3/8-1/2" thick so it's pretty stiff and rigid starting out, but i believe it will loosen up and conform to my body shape pretty quick.

The big d's in the back are great. They stick out just enough and you don't have to search for them. They are just like the video says, just sitting there waiting for something to be hung on them.

I don't really know what all to say about it other than I really like it! It's very very comfortable and extremely well made and thought out. August, Joe. And New tribe did a fantastic job in my opinion.
When I get some more spare time I'll get some more detailed pics up .

To recap my quick crappy initial review... it's great and I wouldnt hesitate to buy it again.

bab3f76efc684efd9980240fed47d552.jpg

I am kicking myself hard for not purchasing this saddle. I am hoping possibly praying that they will have some sweet pricing at TCIA which in that case will mean I will own one.

5a71b83b39af14ff580bb2aa3d9f2b97.jpg

Just came back from visiting New Tribe a few minutes ago. A lot of orders coming in and they are small operation.
I'm actually having some changes made to mine. It may be that I never stop changing things… for myself that is.
As to whether they will be at TCI. I don't know.
New Tribe isn't going. Sherrill/TreeStuff is going of course but I don't think that they've nailed anything down with New Tribe yet.
Wesspur has orders in for them already.
It's nice to see it taking off.
Very solid workingman saddle.

I'm still waiting on mine. The last update I got was that they planned on shipping it on the 21st, but I don't think it's shipped yet. I know they're busy, so I'm not too worried about it. Is there no greater challenge than waiting for a new saddle to come in the mail?

Nice pic! ...Looking closely at materials and craft on the bench they look pretty sweet. Be an upgrade for sure when the time comes.

Looks like a well designed and quality saddle, August.
I had hoped an Ergovation would have been the replacement for my aging Sierra Moreno workhorse saddle, but the brief time I've spent in the Ergo has been an aggravation in Velcro.
Hoping to see both you and your saddle at Expo.

Will both August and his saddle in some fashion be making an appearance at TCIA.

I had hoped an Ergovation would have been the replacement for my aging Sierra Moreno workhorse saddle, but the brief time I've spent in the Ergo has been an aggravation in Velcro.

Exactly. One of the reasons I hoped the MB saddle would work well and ordered after hanging in it at ArbFest West. (Plus so many separate components in my Ergo it makes it harder to inspect and evaluate for safety.)

Still glad to be away from all the leather prone to mold of the Seirra M saddle.

Nice Work August. it's doing so well already due to your own presentations and marketing online. If climbers want it, they'll find whoevers selling. Doesn't need to be a big retailer/re-seller that's already promoting all of your competition. Good luck.

Will both August and his saddle in some fashion be making an appearance at TCIA.

Still unknown, NT is meeting with Sherrill today I think. Be a shame if it's not in the show but then again NT is small and already struggles to crank out the demand of people ordering them direct. . I think the trade show would add buyers substantially, but oh well if it doesn't work out, I like NT how they are, so no complaints here. I know Wesspur is buying them so maybe they'll bring one.
I tell you what is annoying, that no one can sell them with the mechanical adjustable bridge in tact the way it's designed to be used. Flat Earth Society going strong.

Are the gear loop/black d's, movable to the other side of the harness? I'm odd in the fact I hold my saw on the left side of my harness and gear in the middle and right side.

Yeah, that's the yoke just rebranded. Interesting.
New Tribe might do move the cargo bays for you if you ask.
Since it's not a massive change.

Dave you'll like the MB saddle! I've only climbed 7 times on it since I got it last week, very well designed, no stinking Velcro! Doesn't take long to get it dialled in........now only if my yoke I ordered 2 weeks ago from TS ever shows up it'll go from a great to awesome saddle!
Devon

Ok just checked the mail and my yoke has arrived, August can you post a pic on how you and Joe have yours attached ? Are you using a quickie or small shackle? I know it's. it rocket science just want to have it on right !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back