Monkey Beaver Saddle

I am a 32 inch waist when I'm fat and 30 or 31 when I'm not. I went with the medium size of the New Tribe sizing system. . .For those days when I have rain gear on. I realize I'm no help. But I think I should be wearing a small sometimes. Lawrence is probably 31 or 32 waist and he wears a medium like me.

Is it hard to overlap sizes, from a design perspective?

They do overlap but for some reason they don't describe them that way. I can wear a small and a medium. And the belt is very versatile in it's ability to fine-tune comfort adjustments.

They do overlap but for some reason they don't describe them that way. I can wear a small and a medium. And the belt is very versatile in it's ability to fine-tune comfort adjustments.

Worth covering in the description, IMO. Win-win-win. You, NT, and climbers.

When I went to New Tribe to get a new custom saddle made, back in 05, I settled on a medium waist belt and small leg pads. My decision was based whilst hanging on a rope in different permutations of standard sizes. For a production belt I have to say the fit, price and utility of it could not have been better if I made the saddle myself. New Tribe did a real fine job. New Tribe wasn't UL listed then and Sophie was on the fence trying to decide whether to go big or stay small, as she told me, "It's a slippery slope." Now, aint that the truth. Well I'm real glad they took the leap and got in with August to bring out this new permutation of New Tribes skill. Even though I'm not climbing anymore I'm sure it's the cat's "Meow".

Does Treestuff or New Tribe have one to try before you buy? I really like this saddle but I wanna give it a run first. I tempted to wait for a sale but I do see Treestuff has the coupon thing going on now. If I purchased this saddle and another climbing rope I could get the 7% off plus $100 gift card. So I may just do this if the next couple weeks goes as planned. Loss some money this week due to this funk going around with flu like symptoms. My son got it, I had it, and my daughter is hopefully getting over it now. I am ready to pull the trigger on this it's just always something I need/want ��

I was one of the few who was not crazy about the monkey beaver saddle when I first tried it. I recently got a chance to wreck a few Redwoods in a well broken-in Monkey Beaver, and I got to say you have designed and produced a fantastic harness. Well done brother!

Thanks, I really appreciate that. That was my first time running a Spiderjack 3 and it seems like the perfect tool for the kind of work I do. Absolutely loved it! I am gonna try a Zigzag tomorrow and see which one I like better. My hitch climber days might just be coming to an end?

For that kind of work, you should really go SRT.

I've just been doing two days of knocking the tops out of hazard trees for the forest service.
SRT makes it so easy.
Set a line, run up the tree with spurs, or if it is a long way up, Do a SRT ascent.
Cut the top off and descend down.

I guess I am just a dumb old knuckle dragging double roper because SRT never felt right to me when I tried it. With the Spiderjack 3 I felt like I was cheating . The slack fell through it like water and descending was so fast and smooth. Freakin loved it!

I need to check out a spider jack at some point but I'm counting on the postal service to deliver me something special tonight or tomorrow. Cool work Eric.

Back