Monkey Beaver Saddle

dstimber

TreeHouser
Any News on the saddle? Im looking at getting a new one in the next month or so. I got a glimpse of it on August's Arborfest west video.
I've been doing my best to hold out for it and the new rope runner when it comes out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saved a few as snapshots off the youtube video. Maybe August will chime in and give some updates and some pics.

I know, I've not even seen a hint of it.

I'm waiting on the new runner as well, or the Akinbo if that ever becomes a thing.

VG DMc...it looks well thought out. Reminds me a lot of my New Tribe Pro that I had to retire. NT products are top notch. I am looking closely at the Monkey Beaver. Thx for the link.

I know that's just a mock up, but I've always liked the idea of 16 strand for a bridge. Cover dependent and all, so little chance of hidden core related failures, rare though they may be. . .

I know I got the onyx once to try out. It was being passed around the house here. Any chance this one will be passed around as well? I'm about due for a new saddle and I'm a little nervous to try something else without climbing in it a bit. I have the sequoia now and love it. My buddy has the newer srt version and that's pretty killer to.

Something tells me August would make one available to da House for trying it out.

I'm thrilled for August. For all his hard work through the years, supporting professionalism in the trade, he's finally some recognition. The folks at Go Pro are missing out.

After making the rounds I did get an Onyx. Not sorry I did, as it is very comfortable.
I only wish it had better tool attachment capability.
Looks like the Monkey Beaver saddle solves that issue well!

I was trying to get away from leather in my saddles when I tried an Ergovation. Feels good to wear and carry gear heavy as I do but, a lot of movable and working parts - too complicated. Hung in the MB saddle at Arbfest West this last weekend and it feels great. Is simple in design and set up to haul gear well (I will add suspenders). I'm going to order one for me as a back up saddle now and go to that when my Ergo needs to be retired. The leg pads are designed to be held down away from your crotch to prevent pinching too.

Thanks for that vid and info on the harness. Which device was that on the rope bridge? And how stiff/thick is the backhand compared to some other like petzl or treemotion? maybe I missed you describe it.

"So I went on and talked too much. . . . . ."
You crack me up August.
Does that have a thicker waist belt than the Onyx? The only issue I had with the Onyx was the thin belt, my boney hips are too pointy. A more "standard" belt in terms of padding would fix that, and I love how easily the leg loops open vs my Cougar. And I'm digging those gear rings. I might have to treat myself to one of these even though my current saddle is still practically new.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks For the Vid August! Almost pulled the trigger on the MCRS Saddle, but this video came up as I was researching them. Anyway just completed my order with New Tribe for the Monkey Beaver saddle as well as a new Twist to upgrade my sons saddle for his birthday. Thanks again August and New Tribe.

Back