Vermeer 1250 Chipper Motor Fuel Starvation

I cheat and puncture those big filters to let them drain. I'm almost certain that cursing was invented by ancient mechanics. There's not one field mechanic I've ever met that can keep a filtered mouth in public.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I cheat and puncture those big filters to let them drain.

I saw that on a YouTube tutorial. Hopefully I will remember once it comes time again. I still have to figure out what is up with that motor. Hoping a certain sensor, hopefully not an oil leak on the transfer tubes in the heads, hopefully not the HPOP.

Whats the problem now Stephen?

When I was working for that diesel mechanic I would often take his favorite screwdriver and punch the filters. Often times I would run a tractor in after washing it in the afternoon. I would punch the filters and let them drain over night, while draining the pan.

That way all I had to do was tear down in the morning. Usually I would have it apart and in the washer by lunch time.

The washer was a cabinet type with a big heater, so after lunch I could slide the wrist pin out. It was quite a system.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds all laid out perfect. I wish I had a better shop scenario to work through it like that.

Well. Jim...My 7.3. It's like this. Hot no start and some times stall and then no start.
Cold start fine.
Oil pressure gauge on hot does not come up at all or right away. Some times after several cranks, it will come up after hot. Gauge comes right up cold. I can often roll start it on a hill. But not after it stalls. I have been researching it. I think I am going to try to see if it is the IPR solenoid. All the symptoms fit. Easiest to do. If not move on from there.
I would like this guys set up. I guess the test module and the software are not too expensive.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RdQcUthHa40?list=FLk58eFKc-ze2LcinTOBaOmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Your on track with the IPR! And glad you got the chipper going again! Good video also while you have the switch panel loose clean around your hydraulic tank.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back