Rope Bridge Options

jbrett

TreeHouser
I noticed TreeStuff stopped selling Teufelberger Globe 3000 by the foot. I had previously purchased this to make replacement bridges for the TM. Any thoughts on using Sirius Reep Schnur 10mm as a replacement? I have a bunch laying around.

jbrett, I use samson 11mm velocity hot, its works like a charm...;)

This is what they use on the Buckingham Ergovation for bridge

What do people use when the factory replacement rope bridge does not exist anymore. I am looking for a replacement for my Buckingham Puma saddle and so far I am SOL.

A piece of Fly now, but can use most any polyester climb line as long as it holds the stopper knots fine. Stiffer rope like HTP or KM3 might not be so good.

Pretty sure Fly is what came on the Ergovation.

*Edit* Samson Velocity Hot is the Ergovation stock bridge.

Last edited:
You do the rigging plates/ Liger mod to that Puma or do you need a spliced or sewn bridge on Rings?

I use the replacement treemo sewn eye bridges. Did so on my Sequoia (never liked the loose petzl stitching on their sewn eyes) and now on my Timber 3D to replace the webbing bridge.

Do the mod, much more comfortable lanyard position when hanging from it, like you do all day in deciduous trees.

Heck yeah, get a pair of small (not extra small) rigging plates and you’ll have an amazing work saddle with lower Ds like on the TreeMotion and Ergovation.

The TriRig plates from Rock Exotica are really nice and pretty affordable. Little less cash than Petzl and DMM, then you can just replace the bridge easy peasy with bulk rope and stopper knots.

The original TreeMotion and TM SuperLight bridge is Globe 3000 from Teufelberger, the Ergovation is Fly, the Onyx I think is Platinum, the Monkey Beaver is Samson 16 strand BRW.

I got some new scraps of Fly, 16 strand XTC Fire, Drenaline, and Poison Ivy. You’re welcome to enough for a bridge length of each if you want. There’s probably others in the tote I use for odd bits and bobs.

I bought 2 extra tri rig plates for my MCRS that im not going to use. I'll match whatever price you find em for. If you decide to mod.

I greatly prefer stopper knots for bridges. you could possibly get away with a length of climb line and anchor bends or scaffold knots on your existing rings.

Any rope that holds a knot and has life support worthy numbers should be fine. I ran 16 strand cover only for a little bit even. Tighter cover is better for bridges though imo.

Thanks @Jonny for the offer. Replacing the rings with plates looks like an interesting option.
Sean, I will PM you as soon as I decide.

Saddle is 5 years old. The part of the bridge around the rings looks very brittle and went from the original shiny blue to a grey color. I bought a Sequoia SRT and I would like to get this one as refreshed as possible to have it available for the ground guy or someone wanting to try a rec climb with me.

Back