Hitches

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2K
L

Levi

A member of TB put this video up, I thought it was nice to see. Some of you might like it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J4PtFR1MIwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My progression was vt- wrench- unicender- bulldog.

I tried a lot of other stuff but that's what worked for me.

Simpler progression for me from Taut line to SRT , Totally with you Raj , Levi should try the HH (which for the detail oriented , is a Hitch and a Mechanical device combined ... Crazy Ass Inventor Paul)

I tried the HH for a few months but I did not find it to my liking.

It's all so personal , spent many hours on a Grigri ... Some don't like . The I'd has it's flaws for our field. Have a Gibbs one left safety and a Taut line w a pulley on right safety. Whatever Works!

Yep. So many options and variations. Have you tried a bull dog bone?

It does take some time to get the hitch systems dialed. The mechanicals are quicker to get dialed. The new adjustable bull dog is incredibly easy to get set right.

I quite enjoyed the unicender as well.

I've tried the Rope Wrench and the HH...SRT just isn't for me and my style of climbing. I still use the tautline occasionally when it's just up/down. I use a friction saver and VT regularly. I knew the saver and prussik would make my climb line last longer, but had no idea HOW much longer. The line I used this morning has been in use quite regularly for 4 years. I used to have to cut a new line at least once a year, if not twice.

For me it was split tail, eye to eye with micropulley, petzl rig, and tomorrow my rope wrench arrives from tree stuff! Pretty stoked to try it out, I love the rig for going straight up and down, really sucks for positioning though, having to use two hands to descend.

I would imagine slack tending to be a chore as well.

I think that the HH is an excellent tool and in my opinion it is the safest option for SRT work positioning. The slack tending and "drop-ability" of the components was the turn off for me.

The HH was like driving an armored truck, WR is like driving a Mercedes and the bdb is like driving a lotus!

I'm old skool with a 3/2 vt. That is when I punched out of doing it for a living a DECADE ago after climbing for a decade.

I'm all for simple but good to see pursuing performance never stopped.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vLWLfZSwdH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like my RR and Zig-Zag but I still climb on a blakes hitch and still doing training with it. I don't think it sucks at all.

waiting to see what the akimbo is like, and i like armored trucks.
you can do better fuckin' in the back of one of those, than a lotus
Slam-574x270.png

Back