Boss tried to get us to snitch.

RLfailuer

Treehouser
I guess a customer complained about us working without shirts on. So the boss says if we take a picture of a coworker working without one, he'll give us $25. Easiest $150 I've ever made. "Still waiting on the money though".

chrisdone.jpg dustydone.jpg ericdone.jpg jeremydone.jpg joedone.jpg kellydone.jpg

Stig, It probably has to do with the "easily offended" attitude that the US has adopted lately.

We tell the guys to keep their shirts on because it's a little more professional looking then Billy Bobs hack service. Plus We can't have all the bored house wives getting all horned up and pulling them off the job site inside for a "drink of water". We would loose money doing that by being on site waaaay toooo long if ya know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge.

I can never understand guys not wearing shirts in this job.

You're definitely going to stay cooler with a loose cotton T on.

If you're sweating you get dust in the sweat which makes you more uncomfortable.

If you're dragging brush you need to pull the branches to your body for efficiency and no shirt just means scratches and grazes.

If it's about getting an all over tan get another job.

Looks bad IMO but different strokes and all that.

You're definitely going to stay cooler with a loose cotton T on.

:O Whoah, Mick!, you seem like you know the wise ways of tree work, but, cotton in the heat??? Just no. Synthetics are an absolute must imo.

You're right, brain fart, Although synthetics can give you BO.
I noticed in Thailand that construction workers wore soccer shirts, apparently they absorb sweat then dry/lose the water when it flaps away from the body.

Oh, I totally agree, Mick.
I'd never work without a shirt, in the woods you get scratched to hell and eaten by insects, I was just wondering whoever would get "Offended" by a shirtless groundie in this day and age.

Mmmmm, offended no, but I think it shows a lack of respect somehow.

Just basic manners.

I can't really justify it, I just don't like it. A bit like wearing a vest to the supermarket or men going topless in pub beer gardens.

I just don't like it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where do I apply to work with that crew?

The offended party that complained "I think" was a job in which we only were shirtless for the final 10 minutes or so of raking. In addition to complaining about that, the customer sent several hate mails after we finished up about what a horrible job we did. The contract was for raising up some lower drooping limbs. We get to the job, and since the bid a storm came through and they had some fairly large/dangerous hangers caught up in the two ash trees. I thought I was going above/beyond by cutting them out, and some of the larger deadwood. I guessed wrong, apparently lower drooping limbs in their eyes means the trees should have been completely deadwooded. So the owner took a hit and sent a crew back out.

I'm too old to take my shirt off on the job, haven't done so for a few years, but these last few days with index over 100* I had to. The heat was intense and no shirt made it betta for awhile. My guys take their shirts off whenever, though the synthetic tees we wear make shirt removal due to heat unnecessary most of the time. They have plenty of tats and I've never had any complaints, they are polite and respectful and we do a bangin job. If anybody complained, it wouldn't go well at all...'Sure we'll put shirts on but we'll also have to take a sh*t in your driveway' .

Lol Jim, I know you are ribbing me. But anyway, there's lots of raw materials for synthetics tees around, so why not? And my buddies at Patagonina tell me most all cotton is raised in a very environmentally unfriendly way, so waaaa:P

Btw, I'm sure most of y'all know, but the newer synthetics don't collect BO at all, even after days with medium use. And this is the run of the mill stuff not high end expensive stuff.

Lies! You grow cotton. Thats a good thing.

The other way means selling tanks to Saudi Arabia!

I prefer that Bert from Texas grows my clothes.

Honestly, the original super fiber, and still the best IMHO,.......wool. And I dont just say that because I plan on buying some sheep.

The only person who sees me with out a shirt on is my wife, and only on our anniversary. Aint nobody got time for that!

Different cultures.... Never seen anyone working without something on above the waist, except in a strip joint. Years ago i got the opinion from my better half about no shirt when eating, so I follow the rules. No sleeves is the closest I get to nudity on the job. The locals all sleep with their underpants and tee shirts on under their pajamas. I said buggers to that, feel like a mummy in wraps. I can't stand wearing anything above the waist when in bed. Hate the feel of synthetics, how that stuff clings to you feeling sticky, cotton all the way for tee shirts.

If I was an infant I'd demand cotton diapers not those disposable jobs that young fathers have to work extra hard to pay for. Mothers and grandmothers be washerwomen, nothing wrong with that. A nice clean soft cotton diaper fresh off the line, it's heaven. Might help to build confidence. Very old school, I guess.

I'm with ya Jim...plastic clothes suck, don't see how people can stand them.

TreeHouse tees are a 50/50 blend and look just like cotton, only they don't stay soaking wet with a stretched out neck hole.

Cotton is just fine if you're going to work in a nice, cool environment.

These two Latin guys got into a pissing match on my friends' crew. They both started showing each other who's junk was bigger in this lady's backyard. He called the boss and they were both fired.

Back