Boss tried to get us to snitch.

Jeeeez, Jim!
Are you really going to let sheep out on the open range?
Better be careful, or you'll start the Pleasant Valley war all over again.

And, yes, I know that was in Arizona, but still...............!

I can't imagine working with no shirt on either. Doesn't the sawdust get down your pants? Man I wear long sleeves all year. Would never think of taking my shirt off to work.

I'm a long sleeve convert, myself. It took many years for me to realize the benefits!!!

Attachments

• pecan top 012.jpg
    pecan top 012.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 49
Jeeeez, Jim!
Are you really going to let sheep out on the open range?
Better be careful, or you'll start the Pleasant Valley war all over again.

And, yes, I know that wasn't in Arizona, but still...............!

Interesting you say that Stig. There were some HUGE sheep operations here in Montana. In fact, the Montana Ranch industry was built on sheep.

A couple of big outfits here were Miller Bros, and Kuhr Bros. There never was an all out range war, but there were several documented murders.

You are surely right, Jim, wool is awesome. Little pricey though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's all situational to me. I only take my shirt off when it's over 100 and the humidity's high. The sweat doesn't evaporate at all, so your just bundled up in more insulation with a shirt on. We do have safety vests we're "allowed" to wear on the job, but when I'm climbing, the loose fit on them can get caught up in stuff, and that's never good when it's your life at stake. Kevin, you're completely right about the sawdust. Gotta wipe out the waistline when your done or else when it dry's "things" get all kinds of itchy.

Mega sweat, like you jumped in a lake, won't evaporate, but medium or heavy sweat is handled far better by synthetics than cotton. I would say 'imo' but its a fact.

You guys have sweaty clothes get a bacteria smell on them? Here it's almost immediate. Probably an Asian summer thing with the humidity. It's kind of a sweet smell, not all that terrible, not something you'd wear to the opera though. Spores must be in the air that can only be imagined.

I've no idea why, and it's never been this way before, but my sweat smells like ammonia to me. The others guys say they can't smell it, I don't know. I wash all my clothing whenever I use it, even gloves, maybe I'm washing too much? Who knows, could just be me.

ah ha! Makes sense. Masterblaster, yeah, at least two, usually more for me. Never know what kinda job's gonna get tossed my way, so if I'm in some thick ivy, I want a whole wardrobe of clothes to wear/change.

Back