Dead Mouse

Fiddler

Treehouser
The mouse on my old Asus desktop seems to have died.

If I plug it in I get a dialog that the device malfunctioned and to click for more info...of course I can't click on it because it doesn't work.
I have no idea how to operate the 'puter with the keyboard, so it is now useless.

I do have a couple things I need to get to on it.

Any suggestions?

Will a Dell mouse work on an Asus comp? I can get one for $6.25.

Should I take the mouse to a repair guy? (the little light doesn't turn on)

Any help is much appreciated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There was one thing that popped up at first about a driver for something not uploading correctly...didn't show back up again.

I didn't know how to do anything about it as I had to click it with the mouse to do something.

i've been trying to re-install the mouse drivers with the keyboard. On top of being nearly impossible to navigate, and ending up with ten separate windows open that I couldn't close, I haven't been able to find an available usb mouse driver. re-starting the machine now to clear the screen and start over.

Would the driver make the little light come on or is it maybe burnt out and that messed things up?

I ordered a new mouse but still need to access an XCELL doc off of my desktop...wish me luck...

ha, thank you G Drive. Got the doc on the Mac now. Should have had it there in the first place...damn i hate Windows...

Back