stihl pole saw repair manual needed

oldtimer

Treehouser
hello
I have a stihl ht101 polesaw that when I extend the pole the shaft becomes disengaged from the clutch for some reason
I took the pole apart thinking that I would find something broken but I don't see anything that is broken the bearings are good the only problem is that the extension shaft has a bit of a slight bow
now I am trying to re assemble it a month later and I am lost as to the correct procedure to re assemble this pole does any member have a manual for this pole how to be reassembled ?would really appreciate the help

Attachments

• DSCN7169.jpg
    DSCN7169.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 40
I don't have a manual but, would love to know about one if you find one. I have about four shafts I need to rebuild in various ways.

The Stihl dealer told me about his hours of learning curve even after classes at Stihl for how to repair them and reassemble.

Shafts work fine often times even with slight bows in them. I rotate them around till gravity takes more or most of the bow out..

You only have to pull the shaft out of the engine housing about an .75 or one inch to disengage from the mating drive shaft. Perhaps that is what originally happened

Back