Credit Repair

NickfromWI

King of Splices
Anyone ever used one of these services with good results? Karina has a 790 :\: but I got a measly 660. :|: I think it's pretty flawless, but 5 years ago I had a medical issue where I was getting dozens of invoices and a $45 one slipped through the cracks and got sent to collections before I caught it and got it paid for.

We're looking to buy a big expensive wooden box to live it and have been advised that we can basically get the best loan in the history of the world if I can get the report cleaned up and much closer to what Karina has.

So...any advice?

love
nick

Are her cards in her name? Are your cards in your name?

Are your cards joint?

You need to be listed on the cards as a 'joint owner'. NOT just an authorized user.

What is your total available credit? Do you have too much capacity? Too little?

Do you carry balances?

Whose name is the business in? All the same questions as above.

Pay the bill and see if you can get a letter or some kind of statement saying the bill has been paid. I had a situation like that but the bill was long since payed but still on my credit report so I had them send me a letter saying it was payed and that satisfied the banker. I had an 812 at the time and my wife had 690 and that was the only glitch holding everything up and we were putting 30% down.

Also go to a smaller bank. They all end up selling the mortgage to a big bank anyway but the little guy's underwriters that are more likely to work with you and for you when hunting down an interest rate.

You have to watch a small bank though.

When it comes to building a credit rating, sometimes a small bank wont report all the things that can help you.

I have a good score, but it would be much higher if the bank did a thorough job of reporting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are her cards in her name? Are your cards in your name?

Are your cards joint?

You need to be listed on the cards as a 'joint owner'. NOT just an authorized user.

What is your total available credit? Do you have too much capacity? Too little?

Do you carry balances?

What's your moms maiden name?

What's your SSN? DOB?

Whose name is the business in? All the same questions as above.

I'm not answering all that until you add me on Find My Friends 😊

Ill bet if you GO to the bank vs calling or using an internet bank you get an even better loan!

Karina is very traditional. She'll make sure we go shake someone's hand.

Pay the bill and see if you can get a letter or some kind of statement saying the bill has been paid..

Oh dude- that was paid off 5 years ago. Almost instantly once I realized it went to collections. I had 2 back to back medical things. Tumor in my hand in late 2010, then a blow up appendix in spring 2011. Medical bills were come from every where I had spreadsheets to help keep track of it. Lots of little bills that I would just pay in full, and a few giant bills that were on payment plans. Some how a $250 emergency room copay didn't get paid and they sent it to collections.

If you've haven't been through a similar situation, it's insane. I'd get what looked like invoices but marked "this is not a bill. Do not pay at this time" but then it looked almost identical to the bills, and I'd get letters from the insurance warning me of bills I should be expecting and it was just ludicrous. I'm proud of how good Karina and I kept track of it all. But one slipped through and now I'm suffering the consequences.

love
nick

Nick I am sure the bill has been paid but it is still on your credit report and that is what the bank looks at so even tho it's paid you need something from them saying it's paid. More so than a cancelled check or bank statement. I know it's BS but those are the hoops one must dive through to buy a house these days.

It's marked as paid on the report
f8dde3dc095c8fec7b5b0f9e176483e0.jpg

love
nick

Any bank that would dock your interest rate for a $ 249.00 error from 5 years ago is not worth walking into.

Nick. Get that house!

Seriously, shop around for a lender. I just landed my 2nd house (keeping my first) with only 1 yrs tax return (self employment). Everyone laughed at me saying I needed 2 yrs until I found the right guy to work with one yr and a great rate. I will balance that statement by saying for the one year, I paid a lot of income tax because I ran the business to reflect the highest possible income. This year, now that I am nested in with a new house in a great school district, close to the lake, I am going to the grocery store this afternoon and am pretty sure all or part of that trip will be a business expense :-)

When you're done with all that, start having kids already!!!

Thanks guys. We have heard the same thing from a few people so just assumed it as fact!

I'll keep looking around.

love
nick

Don't just check banks, there are home loan companies too. I've found you can go in there and actually explain what happened with documentation. You may have to do their job for them, they generally don't know how to think outside the box.

Back