Stupid Shit I Wouldn't Do

The bullet ant ritual is two part, firstly the pain to demonstrate courage and bravery, secondly a massive endorphin high. Their equivalent of mdma, although given the choice I'd rather have the endorphins without the agony first.

I thought the Giant Asian Wasp was bad with it's venom that dissolves human tissue, but it wasn't anything like that fellow showed. I'll pass on that.

I'm reading a book on stings, I'm pretty sure both those creatures will be covered, I can't wait! I'm putting my money on the GAW at this point- bullet ants obviously pack a wallop but do they have the gangster attitude to go along with it??

i wonder if they were on stand by with epi pens and steroids in case it went south

i wonder if they were on stand by with epi pens and steroids in case it went south

Bullet ant venom is really interesting, it's a pure neurotoxin designed to cause maximum pain with minimum injury. The effects wear off completely after 24 hours, as far as I know no-one has ever died from a sting.

There is no incentive for the ant to kill a large mammal, it's purely a defence mechanism to prevent them being eaten or their nests destroyed.

Strange how some researchers claims of what the experience is like to get stung by something that they chose to experience, seems off the mark from what it really is like. Makes you wonder if they really did it. I read where some researcher said that getting stung by a Giant Asian Wasp is like getting punctured by a hot nail. I didn't find that at all, much more a dull thump bruising sort of thing, like getting walloped with a baseball bat.

Back