Pokemon go BS

Ed..I'm sorry for shit in your past. No one deserves it. Stay strong but be open minded. Respect is easier lost then gained. We all start with a full cup until will spill the respect given . Much harder to fill again.......
This thread got weird.
I agree John, respect everyone till they show they don't deserve it.

Trevin went poke hunting in Montana outta cell service... uploadfromtaptalk1470427923407.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
just got back from beach....last hoorah before nursing school starts monday.

watched some pokie zombies about get a topsail island piercing walking out on fishing pier with focus on phone/game. was entertaining to see.

no blood shed but damn they looked pretty much like a deer caught in the head lights as 5oz of lead and 5/O hook came whizzing past face

Hi my name is August Hunicke and I am a disrespectful zombie in need of slapping.
Just kidding. A lot of great posts/opinions here. Lord help me I love a lot of what Ed said. Love Jim's stuff always.
Basically, everyone is right in someway IMO.
Watch the movie, "up."
"Now, we're gonna walk to the falls quickly and quietly with no rap music or flash dancing!"
c37a15ff4a39266a24d5c292b903497c.jpg

I came from rural Alaska born in the 60s.
My dad was a Marine and a Vietnam veteran who joined a Christian exclusiveist group that had an inordinate amount of assholes in polyester and flat top haircuts. They make forgiveness hard to this day. . .
My dad was very kind to me and they always disrespected him for it. I could tell stories and maybe I will. . .
For now, just this one because it relates. As a preteen boy I became interested in muzzleloading weapons. My dad was a hunting guide and cartridge weapon reloader. He turned his interest to muzzleloading because of me and we became inseparable. I literally waited by the door for him to come home and we would shoot and work on loads and different powder/ticking/lubricant combos. Both of us became state champions in the sport. Anyway, my first son was born in 1990. I was not his biological father. His mother was pregnant when I met her. He still calls me dad. During his childhood Pokémon became big. I thought it was stupid but I remembered my dad taking an interest in what interested me (sure, my thing was cooler LOL). So I collected Pokémon cards with my son. I allowed myself to get excited about collecting them with him. I wasn't just nodding and saying "that's nice," I had my own collection. Still do. I have unopened team rocket series one booster packs from that era. Worth money.
I now have an eight-year-old boy and here comes Pokémon Go 20 something years later. Kind of fun. My son goes on bids with me and collects Pokémon along the way, I always want him on bids but it's more fun for him now. We get excited about finding rare ones. Walk the dog, collect Pokémon. It's OK. It will fade. Pokemon will seem silly to my son someday but maybe he'll remember that dad took the time for even silly things with him.

I can dig it August. Honestly, pokeman with your kid makes it pretty cool. Hell, pulling the wings off a fly is okay if you do it together.

I have a heck of a time doing stuff with my kids. I am terribly impatient, terribly demanding, and terribly rubbish.

I hope they dont resent me someday.

Jim, you know that lug nut you can put on in less than 10-seconds? Next time, bite the bullet, get one of the kids, turn yours 1/4 turn and get them to do the same, repeat the process.

10 or 15 minutes later two lug nuts will sorta be on. The kid will eventually loose interest but it will be good for both of you. :)

No slapping from me.
I honestly thought it was by far the best post in this thread.
Thanks August.

I'll disagree. Respectfully. Great that you're doing that with your young son like that together. But there are much better things that you could be doing imo. Like just being present in the moment together. You said your son is eight, is he playing this with you on his own phone/device? Would you still do it with him in his teens? Early twenties?

Again, not trying to be disrespectful, but what you and your dad were doing together was much cooler seeming to me.

Heh opinions are like ....... ........everyone's got one. :D

There's something to be said for just showing an interest in what the kid is interest in without trying to steer him in some other direction.. My father never gave a shit about what I was doing.

Heh I'm an involved parent. I'm always yelling at my kid, 'What the hell are you doing now!?.

Lol

I'm still recovering from having half a dozen 12 year old girls sleeping over Friday night. :whine:

Back