Pokemon go BS

You must feel like slapping the entire left then Ed. It was not I that appropriated "safe spaces" and "triggers".

I am sorry that you want to slap me now, but I did not know the "real" meaning.

There is a whole generation of young people now that need "safe spaces" so they wont be "triggered" by things they dont like or agree with. Not my words, theirs. Its a friggin' epidemic!

Anyway, Jay, yes, I used safe spaces in a sentence earlier.

Meh. Sorry Jim. I spoke harshly again. Its a bad habit of mine. I disagree with your statement though - Thats the online rightwing's opinion on safe spaces. The reality is quite different.

I dont like the college version of Safe Spaces Ed.

I guess if people and races want to segregate themselves, so be it. Its foolish in my opinion.

A lot of Rapes happen on college campus Jim. And most female students are not believed when they reort it. Its a major problem. Until its better dealt with, I can totally understand the demand fro safe spaces.

Smug little entitled bastards.

This is the participation ribbon generation.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: So true.

I have been thinking about entitlement lately. I have, for years, seen the Cuban refugees that arrive across the street with "dry Feet" meaning they are entitled to stay in this great Country. What I have been wondering is, if they know why this country is so great? I know they know it is great because of the risk they take to get here, but do they understand how it became the great nation it is? Do they understand the sacrifices and risks that many men took over many, many years to keep it great? Some of them do.

I wonder if those kids that were playing pokeman really know. I bet some of them did and others did not.

Our parents would say exactly the same thing.

We had it tough, this generation are soft etc.

The young adults of today have it a lot harder in many ways than my generation (I'm 52)
For starters when I left school there was no shortage of jobs, no matter how stupid and unqualified you were, even I got something straight from school.

In Paris Fashion: A Cultural History, Valerie Steele published a letter sent to Town and Country magazine in November 1771 by a reader who wanted to get something off of his chest:

Whither are the manly vigor and athletic appearance of our forefathers flown? Can these be their legitimate heirs? Surely, no; a race of effeminate, self-admiring, emaciated fribbles can never have descended in a direct line from the heroes of Potiers and Agincourt...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

In the 1790 book Memoirs of the Bloomsgrove Family, Reverend Enos Hitchcock wrote,

The free access which many young people have to romances, novels, and plays has poisoned the mind and corrupted the morals of many a promising youth; and prevented others from improving their minds in useful knowledge. Parents take care to feed their children with wholesome diet; and yet how unconcerned about the provision for the mind, whether they are furnished with salutary food, or with trash, chaff, or poison?

In its July 1859 issue, Scientific American rallied against a wicked game that made both the mind and body weaker—chess:

A pernicious excitement to learn and play chess has spread all over the country, and numerous clubs for practicing this game have been formed in cities and villages...chess is a mere amusement of a very inferior character, which robs the mind of valuable time that might be devoted to nobler acquirements, while it affords no benefit whatever to the body. Chess has acquired a high reputation as being a means to discipline the mind, but persons engaged in sedentary occupations should never practice this cheerless game; they require out-door exercises--not this sort of mental gladiatorship

In 1695, Robert Russel wrote in A Little Book for Children and Youth (subtitled Being Good Counsel and Instructions for Your Children, Earnestly Exhorting Them to Resist the Temptation of the Devil...):

... I find by sad Experience how the Towns and Streets are filled with lewd wicked Children, and many Children as they have played about the Streets have been heard to curse and swear and call one another Nick-names, and it would grieve ones Heart to hear what bawdy and filthy Communications proceeds from the Mouths of such

In Book III of Odes, circa 20 BC, Horace wrote:

Our sires' age was worse than our grandsires'. We, their sons, are more
worthless than they; so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more
corrupt

In his 1624 book The Wise-Man's Forecast against the Evill Time, Thomas Barnes, the minister of St. Margaret's Church on New Fish Street in London, bemoaned:

Youth were never more sawcie, yea never more savagely saucie . . . the ancient are scorned, the honourable are contemned, the magistrate is not dreaded

But what's the point then. As the next generation to witness little bastards acting the fool we should not point it out and try to stop/temper it as futilely as possible? We should just embrace and allow youth to act like a--holes?

Let's be honest. You could google frigging any side of any argument and find historical quotations. Big deal?

The question is, is each generation really getting worse, or is it just the perception of the older generation that things are getting worse because they don't like to face change?

I understand that. I'm just saying you can find equal arguments both ways. Historically or presently. Depending what you google. Lol

Encouraging people to stare at screens more, espescially kids. Isn't something you'll find a lot of historical information on. What you will find imo are a lot of study's talking about the problems it causes in things like interacting with other humans. Attachments/bonds being made to technology that should be being made from person to person. Parent to child. Imo from having a 11year old girl right here and now, the best thing that can be done for children nowadays is limiting screen/internet time. I live with the immediate results of either having a disrespectful zombie vs a loving, caring, focused, attentive child who knows how to be present in the moment and interact with other people in a respectful and alert frame of mind.

Frig Pokemon go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The question is, is each generation really getting worse, or is it just the perception of the older generation that things are getting worse because they don't like to face change?

No offense but i am the king of change. Throwing it all into the wind at 46........

if change means disrespect ......i'm not a part of that.

I can accept new ideas , new ways of doing things .....but disrespect is age old.

it is our duty to educate each NEW generation to what RESPECT means.

maybe change means we should open our eyes to the effects of "screen time"
maybe change means say frig it and give up
maybe change means i will do my part to influence others in a positive way

seeing my children grow......i know whats important. I want kids who recognize others, who arent naive, develop a sense of community . challenge themselves to be better.

their cell phone aint gonna cut it.

Back