Pokemon go BS

Good question. Mostly so that they can eat the hearts of their enemies and help me to build my pyramid of skulls. Also so that they can tame even the most gifted sirens and influence the minds of lesser men with a mere glimpse!

If you want youth to stand tall and erect, teach them to march and give them a war to fight. Strap them into cockpits to go headlong crashing into enemy ships and they will stop fooling around with their damn hair! That they died like men isn't a bad summation. A picture on the wall can cancel out all the previous bullshit.

It's funny though, Jay. The biggest players in modern warfare are the ones sitting at computer consoles!

A lot of Rapes happen on college campus Jim. And most female students are not believed when they reort it. Its a major problem. Until its better dealt with, I can totally understand the demand fro safe spaces.

I shouldn't, but I guess I will.......

What utter and complete bullshit.

Yes, I am sure there are rapes on campus. I am sure some dont get reported, I am sure some women are not believed. There are rapes every where. I am NOT sure that we live in a "rape" culture, but that is for another time.

So, in the mean time, while we sort all this shit out, which we dont really want to BTW, we provide and encourage SAFE SPACES????????????

Jaysus! How does that sound to a 18 year old girl?

( college acceptance letter if the bastards told the truth)

Hey, we are only too glad to take your money, or your parents money, or better yet some asshole's money that you never met. None of those? Well, not to fear, we can LOAN you the money!

Yes, there is a chance you will be raped while attending our college, but we have safe spaces for you to attend afterwards, so dont worry. Even though women, like you, are a HUGE percentage of college goers, we dont really care. We, and our investors get a lot more out of the Mens sports.......some of the folks that might be raping you if you decide to attend our great college.

Oh, no. Dont even go there. You need a college degree to be happy and successful. You especially, as you see, most of the trades that pay a higher wage than most of the college graduates from our school can ever hope for...are dominated by men. You dont want to weld or be a plumber do you? Of course not. Those are yucky jobs and mostly for men.

So yes, we have fixed the system so you have to pay a huge amount to even get in the door of the over crowded job market, where you will be paid less than a person with a trade. You will be saddled with massive debt that hopefully will be forgiven by re distributing some wealthy trades-person's stuff. So, vote your conscience this November! It will be worse for you but much better for us!

Anyway, thanks again for the interest in our institution. Dont make waves and keep your mouth shut. If you talk we will first offer you a safe space, if that does not please you...........keep your mouth shut!

See you in the fall!

Squish, John - I'm not sure what the other side of the argument is. I'm just showing that old farts have always complained about the next generation and their entertainment. Everything you've said about phones, was said before about the radio, TV, rock music, cinema, dance halls, you name it. There were probably cavemen complaining about the youth of today and their pesky new fangled fire, showing no respect to older cavemen!

Levi - You're a friggin' dude. I hope we meet for a a drink one day.

Jay - That comment was either savage sarcasm or a shocking admission. I'm trying to work out which. I really enjoy your short posts.

Jim - Debating with you is like playing chess with a pigeon. Lets just agree to disagree.

I played chess with a pigeon once.

Damn bird had me checkmated in 23 moves. Fortunately I had my trusty 12 bore to hand, so at least I got lunch out of it.

A little of both, Ed. Firstly, being the poster boy for highly respected youth, embodying both for God and country, may not always be in that person's best interest. Secondly, many years ago i could still see some remnants of the old bushido spirit in the youth's education, in school and at home. Not only was I enamored by the strength of purpose amongst the elderly, as I mentioned before, but also young men of high school age were indeed noticeably of direct step. Little fraternizing between the sexes that could interfere, the boys sat on one side of the trains and the girls on the other. The character was very noticeable within a few short minutes of disembarking from the plane.

Volunteers for aircraft suicide missions during the war in the Pacific, are said to have outnumbered the planes available. Young men from the age of eighteen filled out their application. Today, some kind of honor mixed with sadness is bestowed upon that fact, but as some historians have apparently researched and point out, also it can't be said that instilling the courageous national spirit sometimes wasn't without some degrees of brutalization.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To much TV has been proven to do harm Ed. Never heard it about music though or dance halls

Can we not agree that kids plugged into screen harms the developing brain?

Kids need good roll models that they respect. Fortunately when we were young, no matter what adults thought, we had Alfred to tell us that what we were doing was all ok.

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 37
I was not debating. I was ranting. Jeezus must I explain everything?

I think it's criminal that women make up over half of the college population, yet are to only be offered safe spaces.

Why? Cause college does not need to change, cause our govt has sold us to the college industry.

Squish, John - I'm not sure what the other side of the argument is. I'm just showing that old farts have always complained about the next generation and their entertainment. Everything you've said about phones, was said before about the radio, TV, rock music, cinema, dance halls, you name it. There were probably cavemen complaining about the youth of today and their pesky new fangled fire, showing no respect to older cavemen!.

You don't see the other side because it's not your side Ed. Fire up your search engine and look around for those who believe in youth, change, and all that jazz. Or do you seriously think that since time began everyone has been cussing out the youth and you just figured out that no, no it's all good. Change is good, every new thing is good. People have had this discussion/argument since the beginning of discussing things I imagine, but you only see the one side. Eyes wide shut.

I see lots of adults that are lacking in common sense by being unable to resist the temptation to use their phones when driving, or say when walking with their children on busy streets, either texting or yapping or maybe even playing games. Even with firm laws against doing it in a car, many still do. Yesterday some jackass came right up on my rear bumper while doing it. The perils from how the new technology gets used aren't exclusive to the young. I think that you have to expect as a given that adults have learned more self discipline than young people, so to some extent it's a proportional thing. When it comes to smart phones use, I bet that if there was a formula that could be used that takes into account age and supposed wisdom from it, to some degree the young are really no worse than adults.

You don't see the other side because it's not your side Ed. Fire up your search engine and look around for those who believe in youth, change, and all that jazz. Or do you seriously think that since time began everyone has been cussing out the youth and you just figured out that no, no it's all good. Change is good, every new thing is good. People have had this discussion/argument since the beginning of discussing things I imagine, but you only see the one side. Eyes wide shut.

Sorry dude, I must have eaten a stoopid biscuit this morning, because I'm not getting what your saying (or trying to tell me what I'm thinking..?)

Whats the two sides again?

Ed = for Pokemon go and unlimited change for kids
Justin = kick Pokemon go to the curb and not exposing kids to the perils of the Internet and screen time

Basically I am for good and Ed is for evil. Capiche?

:D

Back