Homeadvisor.com

Good approach. I was mean to them when we broke up. I asked them for a list of the promises they told me. Then I shared it with them. I played them recordings of their own sales people telling me x or y was gonna happen, then pushed for answers why those things weren't happening.

I learned people don't want to hear their own voice saying "don't worry nick. X is completely taken care of" after they saw X never got taken care of.

They call every few months. I lay into them pretty good about what the notes say to my account and then ask them why they insist on calling me.

I hate liars and time wasters. Home advisor, for me, was both.

love
nick

Yep... they told us that we would be able to review every lead before paying for it.

That's why I though it may be worth a shot, Deva. At least they were being honest with you about that from the start.

I know! I was like, "you call that a lead?!! I got an email from you, I called the lady back 6 seconds later. Then it went to voicemail, I left a polite message and she never responded.?! And now I owe you $25?! For what?!"

love
nick

Sounds like it might be worse for other tradesmen. I read a review from a carpenter who claimed that he racked up close to a $10,000 bill in the first month!

True, who knows though. It sounds like everyone's experience is a little different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The lady I cold called said she loved it....Started a whole crew off of it.....used to never go to the city now they always go to the city......shinola.

It's funny, they just called me yesterday. Saw a call from Kansas, thought maybe somebody was inviting me on a deer hunt. I asked him how he got my name and number but he said he was just given a list and said they didn't have a tree company in our county. I passed, told him we had all the work we wanted, hunting season was coming up soon and I didn't want to get too busy.;)

Was his name Jeff Bennet?

Free time is so important cause most of the time you ain't got no time. You know.

Super friendly....I'm sure it's the same guy.

Anyhoo. It seems like maybe I might check him out in a few months.....looking at buying into some yelp soon too.. once I milk the prices outta the reps.

Back