Walbro WT16 rebuilding and any other Walbros

david jones

Treehouser
Hello to all, this is first time i posted, Thanks. How do I know which gaskets are right to use from the kits, they come with a few extries. I usualy try to match with what came off hoping they were right but this Walbro WT16 didn't have the originals to go by. didn't have any at at all, Got another new OEM kit this time and wanted to get some information before I start. The saw is a 028 stihl. sure would like to fix and get it back to its owner. Thank a lot, David J.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the welcome. I got it fixed, I was having problems with the fuel pump diaphram and gasket, used wrong one and filled the crankcase with gas with only a couple pulls. My friend had problems with the carb, used my air to blow it out and I guess 175psi was more than the check valve nozzle could take, anyway I replaced it when he wasn't around and didn't have the old gaskets to go by. I studied the site mention above after reading the post and it helped, Thanks. Also got a 038 super I want to play around with too, it belongs to me. Thanks Again, David

Cool seeing how folks can work together through a site like this to solve problems like that.

Carry on, boys!

Back