EAT! Its hot and you have to eat, what do you go through a day?

The squat is hell, especially when you lose your balance and tumble over backwards and slam your head into the wall. It's necessary to compose yourself and your dignity. Fortunately the squat type ones have been much replaced by proper sit down. Asians will squat like that even when just talking with each other. It appears a poop fest, I look away. I've had to research where the good toilets are in certain areas, a book on it would probably sell to foreigners.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Figures a bunch of tree guys would take a good thing and turn it to shit.

Wake up take a good piss. Drink a cup of expresso. Eat either an oatmeal concoction, or eggs and potatoes. Make my coffee, take my trip to the royal throne. If I can't go then my whole day is messed up. I've had to take a number of shits out on patrol or in the woods and squatting isn't nearly as relaxing as sitting on the throne.

Lunch is either a sandwich - chicken salad, chicken cutlets, deli meats, or meatballs and sausage. With coffee, water and maybe a vitamin water throughout the day. If I feel hungry I always have nuts, and a protein bar in the cooler. Some days I can't even finish half of the sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food is fuel this time of year. If your sitting in a truck driving down the road and it needs fuel and you don't stop and get a few gallons the truck will die out and leave you stranded on the side of the road. Same goes for your body.

I typically start with 6 scrambled eggs, two pieces of toast, a baked potato, and deer steak for breakfast. I'll snack on dried fruits and nuts until lunch which is typically tuna and mayo on wheat(or McDonalds), and then snack until dinner which is typically about 1,000 calories of whatever my wife makes. About two hours after dinner I try to eat a big salad. Wash it all down with around 2 gallons of water with electrolytes.

What are you eating? I love me some food.

Wow, that's a lot. You must wear out a path to the bog on every job site....

Food is fuel this time of year. If your sitting in a truck driving down the road and it needs fuel and you don't stop and get a few gallons the truck will die out and leave you stranded on the side of the road. Same goes for your body.

I typically start with 6 scrambled eggs, two pieces of toast, a baked potato, and deer steak for breakfast. I'll snack on dried fruits and nuts until lunch which is typically tuna and mayo on wheat(or McDonalds), and then snack until dinner which is typically about 1,000 calories of whatever my wife makes. About two hours after dinner I try to eat a big salad. Wash it all down with around 2 gallons of water with electrolytes.

What are you eating? I love me some food.

2 gallons of water! Don't believe it.

Same thing caught my attention....approaching water poisoning with 2 gallons...not to mention huge stomach distension. That is 16 pounds of water weight!!!

Understand that...working hard in heat that makes sense. But "About two hours after dinner I try to eat a big salad. Wash it all down with around 2 gallons of water with electrolytes. " or some such.

Dinner...big salad...2 gallons of water...my stomach hurts.

As for eating? Original poster you eat six eggs plus all that other stuff for breakfast everyday? Six eggs seems like a lot, I eat three eggs for breakfast, usually poached, and I thought that was a ton.

Already asked, and was duly skipped over.

hahahha...may be right...2 gallons over the day could be done. I doubt if I have ever drank that much water in one day, though.

Mayo Clinic says: So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly about 13 cups (3 liters or 0.8 gal.) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is about 9 cups (2.2 liters) of total beverages a day.

Intense exercise ups that of course.

I've just checked my water bottles and they're 1.5 litres rather than the 1 litre I thought they were.
Plus the US gallon is only 80% the size of a UK gallon.

So I'm going to recant.....a bit:)

I can drink 2 gallons of water throughout a hard day of work in the summer. Definitely not in one sitting!

Back