Truck Advice....

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 110
  • Views 10K
L

Levi

I'm thinking about buying this truck.....

IMG_20160719_160648257.jpg

I'm not sure of the year but.... it has a Cat engine with only 60k miles. Guy wants 14k for the truck, what say you Treehousers?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What info, Jim? I know how to drive trucks and change a tire, that's about it...

Poor truck, parked in the tall grass. I bet on a quiet night you can hear the break lines rusting. ;)

I like it. Don't know much about trucks myself, but that looks like a worker.

Standing by to be educated.

One thing going in our favor... Rust is a non factor here.

I never liked the look of the top kicks but I figure with the low mileage it might be a good score?

It's under 26,000lbs so I'm guessing no air brakes...

It's not a dump, it does have a lift gate though.

It's an automatic, not sure of the transmission make.

Not sure of the chassis vs engine miles either... I texted the guy, I'll see if he gets back to me soon.

Thanks fellas.

The "non dump" would be a deal breaker for me. Think chip box, logs, firewood. Not a big fan of automatics either.

Hmm, I was thinking using the lift gate to load brush and pull out with a rope... maybe put a small loader on the back one day... I've been dreaming of an auto trans!

Owner bought 30 buses with Cat engines right before DEF was required and before the big catalytic converters were required. The plan was to buy them and run for years without the headaches of the new regulations.

That was the only year in the company history he lost money. Breakdowns ate our lunch. Truckers with the same engine also had fits.

Regretfully, I don't know the year model when they were purchased. (Might have been 2009)

Numerous lawsuits filed. Short story, all 30 returned to dealer. 12 million dollars worth of equipment.

The "non dump" would be a deal breaker for me. Think chip box, logs, firewood. Not a big fan of automatics either.

I was thinking the same thing......It would be rough to get logs, chips, firewood brush outta there....lots of labor and sweat

Guy here has one with 287k, air brakes under cdl weight, 5 yard rock box, cat motor and 6 speed. Asking $19,500 fwiw

Because of the house and it's members made me buy a dump..... hope to pick it up tomorrow.

As for the truck in question, kinda seems over priced, would be great for a service truck or equipment delivery.

Owner bought 30 buses with Cat engines right before DEF was required and before the big catalytic converters were required. The plan was to buy them and run for years without the headaches of the new regulations.

That was the only year in the company history he lost money. Breakdowns ate our lunch. Truckers with the same engine also had fits.

Regretfully, I don't know the year model when they were purchased. (Might have been 2009)

Numerous lawsuits filed. Short story, all 30 returned to dealer. 12 million dollars worth of equipment.

Holy smokes

All ribbing aside, I would wait for a dump bed truck, just Way more productive.

I use to chip into my F350 with a tarp and it beat me down hard getting chips and wood outta there to the point were i was going to call it quits if I didnt get something that dumped....

:lol:

We do fine with our brush trailer and pull out rope:lol:

The plan is to move towards a small grapple or maybe just get one straight out. No chippers!!

If it don't dump, it can kiss my rump.

7e6VVCl.jpg

Back