Shotgunning

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YfjTZLxekig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jim, clear your inbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't get through to you with a PM.

Sorry for messing the thread up folks, but what is a fellow to do.

Verrrry late to this thread, but enjoyed reading through it.

My current go to shotgun is a Beretta 12g. side by side, the Silver Hawk model. That is a beautiful gun. But it's been a few years since I spent any time over it.

Best run on a local sporting clays course at least 4 or 5 years ago was 200 straight, and that was pretty good against course records. A challenging course, very short exposures, even has some ground running stations.

As a teenager I was able to run 200 regularly on skeet with a Zoli 20 g. side by side, 400s on a rare occasion or two. Trap usually kicked my azz back then until I stepped up to a 16 g. Ithaca side by side. That was a nice gun, belonged to my father. 200 runs were not all that rare, having the long look trap offered and a bit of patience with a few years under my belt helped.

I quit the competitive gunning in my late 20's. Except for a few annual game hunt trips with my father up until he died when I was in my late 40's, just for the nostalgia and love of working a good dog.

Since then, not so much...it was something he and I shared a love of, and with him gone, shotgunning lost much of the appeal.

He always said I should have tried for the Olympics team when I was really on my game as a young man...but he was my father, after all...not really a fair judge of the matter :).

Last edited:
Back