Which climbing spurs to get?

Wood Collector

TreeHouser
I am looking at getting some climbing spurs from treestuff but am not sure which spurs to get. I was considering the following: Buckingham BuckAlloy Spurs with Velcro Cushion Wrap Pads, Distel Carbon Fiber Climbers, Bucklite Titanium Spurs with Ultra Light Pads. I dearly I would like to get something that is light weight and comfortable for the days where I will be spending 3+ hrs in the saddle.
Thanks Pat

I'd say any of those would be a fine choice. Distel/Gecko is probably going to be the lightest.

Pictures of what you get will be mandatory!

Cheers

I use the bucklite Ti; I'm happy with them! The attachment where the keyring thingy holds the lower strap onto the outside of the stirrup sort of bothers me though - rubs/wears there more than it seems like it should. Wish they'd make that bit replaceable/extended on an eye-ring type thing.

Guess I'm a bit old school with spikes...I like Bashlin aluminium.
Stay away from Climb Right...although I hear they did something to improve their gaffs, did NOT like them.

I have the buck alloys. I use two sets pole and tree. Poles are the buck alloys which are amazing, I really like gaff angle of the alloys little bulky. My tree gaff are buck Titaniums. Which are great as far as weight goes. I use buck warp pads with steel inserts.

Buck Ti's with ultra light pads that I recurved to fit my leg better. The original design is way to flat and rubbed me the wrong way.

Back