Simple Words of Wisdom...

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/awzNHuGqoMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Life would be so much easier...

I like the line, "Visit grandpa whenever you can". I know some lonely guys that have lost their wives and live alone, the grandkids never visit.

I've both called a daughter of a customer of mine, and told the granddaughter of the guy closest to my shop that I saw at her grandmother's funeral, suggested that that they should visit their lonely people more. Yes they said, but no change. The guy close to me still has to come over all the time when I'm working and make himself feel at home. :|: I tried to get our municipality interested in developing a place where the elderly could go to hang out and enjoy themselves together, there is nothing like that and have a few ideas from a place like that I visited once. Might as well have been talking to the wall. Yeah, it would take a little money, but they just spent sixty million on a new city office. The idiots there in their comfort only want five o'clock so they can go home. i saw the place once when the elderly were respected, man were their faces different, like night and day.

Very true, and the positive things that come from respecting those older, reverberate through society, starting with children and all the wy up to the elderly themselves. Age can really show a different beauty/handsome if things are set up that way.

Last year I visited my one afternoon grandmother- I was in two minds about going over or not, been out on the road doing bids etc and keen just to get home more than anything. She passed away a week later, it would trouble my conscience no end had I not dropped by that day - more importantly it was my last chance to spend time with her and it wasn't wasted. Once they're gone that's it.

I was just thinking about this today.

Dad has a habbit of asking me if I would like to have coffee with him.
Generally I am busy as hell, just stopping for fuel or parts.

I almost never turn him down. I figure he isnt going to be around for ever.

Sometimes it puts me behind, but oh well.

Back