Tooting my own horn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No. As best as I could tell, all species were trees that are found in the United States. Perhaps they are also found internationally, but I don't travel enough to know that for fact

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There were no species mention that don't grow in the continental United States. This alone proves there needs to be regionalization of some sort for this exam.

love
nick

Yeah, if you were asked and answered what trees grow in my area, you'd know more than the vast majority of the people living here.

I was just joking before, I only got a 97.;)

Congrats Nick. What sorts of things does being a Master do for you and you business?

Obviously I already know, but I thought I would ask in case someone here felt too silly to ask.

👍👍 expected nothing less from you!

I assumed you had already attained that accreditation 🙄

Very Cool to have , a little jealous maybe even as for a couple years when I was a NAA member I really wanted to sit for and pass that test.

I got my BCMA this winter, congrats Nick. The learning that went along with ALL THAT DAMN STUDYING was well worth it in my estimation.

Number 1 with a bullet is Arboriculte intefrated management of trees shrubs and vines by Harris, Clark, and Matheny. All of us should own this book anyway!!!
ANSI's, BMP's all needed as well. After that, print off the outline for the BCMA test and focus on that. You probably dont NEED to buy all the recommended resources suggested by ISA unless you want to on general principle. I generally found my own resources for outline topics by the most reputable authors you can find.

And give yourself plenty of time to devote to research at night or whenever you can. Test is pretty broad spectrum.

I would also agree with Nick that there probably should be some more regional versions for this test. Keep the core stuff, keep it difficult, but specific questions about many species should be regionalized.

Number 1 with a bullet is Arboriculte intefrated management of trees shrubs and vines by Harris, Clark, and Matheny. All of us should own this book anyway!!!
ANSI's, BMP's all needed as well. After that, print off the outline for the BCMA test and focus on that. You probably dont NEED to buy all the recommended resources suggested by ISA unless you want to on general principle. I generally found my own resources for outline topics by the most reputable authors you can find.
Haha, who can afford to buy all those resources?!

Guess who just became a...

3fb6a9d69bb4b8410b8368aa921c7848.jpg

(I posted this merely to inflate my ego. I admit it)

love
nick

Nick ...

In the OP ... is that 71% thing in the corner your passing score !!

Thanks for the information, that is really helpful.

Back