Replacement Dee's?

I agree with that also. But I think it's as important to do a walk around before moving.

One of my biggest pet peeves are tools laying around in the way. You boss ran your gear over regardless of who placed it there he needs to replace it . If he backed into a mailbox is it his fault or the guy who installed the mailbox. I know there is a political joke in there but lets not go there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I ordered a New Tribe Onyx from treestuff! Now I just have to dig up a crappy enough saddle that I'd be willing to take it out to that job again...

Tools sometimes get left in the way it seems, but then again it's that always being observant thing again that is a part of tree work. People paying attention and a saw can get moved or whatever, and no law that says that it doesn't have to be only your own that you pick up or else it gets crushed. :lol:

That's way it's a pet peeve I am the one moving it elsewhere out of the way. Example: Only one way in or out of a yard, rakes/tool/gear laying in the path.

I know the feeling, Rajan. The same with clearing out to go home. All the tools got to get loaded up right. When it's somebody else job and his crew are collecting things to load up and leave, I'll help with that, it doesn't matter to me what belongs to who, the sooner it's all packed up we can leave. People will walk right by my saws because they don't belong to the boss or whatever. I don't say anything, but I'm thinking, wtf?

I always limit the amount of areas where people put tools. Ideally, where they belong in the truck is plan A. Plan B is one "staging area", as Butch said in the Groundman article, near someplace you won't be dropping things, under the eave, on the deck, next to the flower bed, and especially out of the area where someone can back over it with a mini/ truck.

The job I'm working now has a great slot in the trunk of the tree that magically fits the bar end ;) , so that we can both see where it is, and it doesn't fall off the top of a log then have the log roll over it or the mini crush it one way or the other. Gear is hardest to damage when its off the ground.

I've got a couple saws and a Stihl BG 85 blower that got ran over before I got them ,freebies .Fixed them of course.

How in the world could you smash a D-ring? Those things are forged steel .Bulldozer maybe ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The harness had the ISC aluminium D-rings, and it wasn't smashed, just damaged a little. Still didn't trust it to climb on! Replaced the saddle with an Onyx, which I climbed this weekend. I'll have to figure out all the adjustments and tweak it some, but I think it'll be good. Quit the job too. ::?

The harness had the ISC aluminium D-rings, and it wasn't smashed, just damaged a little. Still didn't trust it to climb on! Replaced the saddle with an Onyx, which I climbed this weekend. I'll have to figure out all the adjustments and tweak it some, but I think it'll be good. Quit the job too. ::?

...Puma came w anodized aluminum Dees , special ordered mine w steel Dees to go with my snaps and religion.

Back