Alpine Magnum- 3120 or 088?

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 105
  • Views 13K
That's the same respirator as mine, but I stopped using those green wheels years ago and got a diamond wheel. Cost a bit but they last and won't kill you, still wear the respirator though. I've got a smaller one for grinding and chipping, unless it's really dusty.

Cartridge plus pre filter.

Ok. I bought a diamond wheel for the angle grinder with the machine....so less caustic than a different one. That's good to know.......

Cause I was gonna say what about all that death dust that's all over the shop and walls now? I guess vacuum. Man I'm good at thinking when people let me just talk to myself.

Thanks for chipping un guys. :)

Deva, I suggest buying a Wilton Vice, they're the best. 8) I bought mine in San Francisco too. :) There are different models and sizes and some can pivot around if you think you need that. A good way to mount a vise is to have it sit on a metal plate so it sticks out a little from the bench. The bench doesn't interfere with things and you aren't pressed up right against it. Need a sturdy bench though, possibly attached to the wall. I used an inch thick aluminum plate and drilled it for attaching the vise and then holes for bolts through the bench. http://www.wiltontools.com/us/en/products/ Mine has the enclosed thread, i guess it's the machinist's model. Been using it a long time, flip the handle and it makes two or three revolutions on it's own, but no slop in the jaws.

Thanks Jay,

They have them right here at White Cap on my side of town.
This could spurn a workbench makeover just to support a vice.

:)
Deva

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S-cbOl96RFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_20160706_194531458.jpg

Thanks for all the advise with this fellas!

Ha! Oh shit! Have fun!

Either buy hella teeth or get real good at sharpening.

Stoked!

Looking forward to your thoughts after a few stumps.

I'll definitely share my experience, I am quite curios! Although I didn't deal with them direct, I was not super impressed with the customer service, not the best communication. Anyways, it's here, seems well built. We'll see tomorrow!

Butch, I read about it in the urban dictionary but I still don't really understand the lulz. What do you mean when you right that?

Long story short... that thing will kick your ass and make you wish you were a ditch digger... but...

It's OK to use, once in a while, on those odd stumps.

I believe you but I like digging ditches.

Then, you're gonna love it!

7e6VVCl.jpg

Awesome,I think they are a great little machine. What'd you get it out the door at$?

Had a thought today as I was grinding with a rental and hit a wire nursery cage, which is quite frequent around here..... How does the AM stand up to these things?

I would guess most things wouldn't handle that well.

I dunno. This is what I hit today in the stump....thankfully palm melts lime butter.

8f3b79be6adbf64d09dd53957ddfa348.jpg

Back