Alpine Magnum- 3120 or 088?

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 105
  • Views 13K
Seriously, Stephen I'm looking for something besides this big truck....A bike and trailer might be interesting.

Almost bought a trike last fall. It was built stout with a receiver powered by VW. I was thinking for consults and sinple jobs that could fit in a small trailer. Someone got to it before I saw some good money on a job. Other wise ;)

Now Stephen...that would not be right at all. You have to represent, and a VW powered trike is so deep into the lame zone, as to be embarrassing. Do not go there, ever.
:D

It's imperative here to dig first.

You don't know what's in there.
Could be a gun.

Also, the AM dulls in an instant.

Pulaski, shovel and a serious ass axe mattox I think it's called. I'll get a picture.

Stump removal is either digging, chopping, grinding or pulling.

You can also use dull teeth to clear out around the stump...works well in conjunction with digging..... And use the rock teeth...they don't get hammered as quickly as the more agressive regular teeth....

I haven't used my AM in months, and that does not displease me.... my aches and pains are bad enough as it is.....

I've been leaving the teeth on the wheel and grinding with the angle grinder.
Do you only sharpen the top of the tooth or the raker too?

I have new teeth too, both kinds.

If you grind the tooth, the raker should be ground as well. Did you get a tooth gauge? Handy tool

I dunno, it wwwwas a pretty cool trike :D
Lol

No it wasn't, Stephen.

Two reasons:
1) it was powered by a Vdub
2) it was a trike

Either one cut the cool quotient down to near zero...together, off the scale sad :D.

But if you liked it, then it musta been the right one for you; so pay no attention to my opinion, for it does not matter a whit...too bad the dinero was short that week :).

If you grind the tooth, the raker should be ground as well. Did you get a tooth gauge? Handy tool
I rarely grind the rakers, as they usually seem to be worn down by the brutal effect of grinding..

I've been leaving the teeth on the wheel and grinding with the angle grinder.
Do you only sharpen the top of the tooth or the raker too?

I have new teeth too, both kinds.

Bad idea unless you have a green wheel for the angle grinder for the carbide, And, above all, wear a mask. Carbide dust is carcinogenic--nasty stuff

Anyone got a picture of these respirators?

And how do you grind the tooth flat? Stock sharpened teeth out of the box blow my sharpened ones outta the water.

Feeling dumb. #Shouldatakenshop

I got a respirator at Lowe's it said for non harmful dust....probably wrong respirator.

Either a 6 inch or 8 inch wheel (I can't remember), set the rest flat and in the center, set back of tooth on rest and grind the top. The round wheel will give the tooth relief. If you're grinding flat that may be the problem. And I always checked the raker after grinding and shaped as needed.

Back