Transporters and Caritools

My transporter is back ordered ... oh well. Looking forward to it though. Really liked my Shembiner. But it got lost one day and never found its way home :/:

I like the look of those and have been considering getting a pair. Because they don't swing to the side, let us know if they noticeably bump into things as you move around the tree.

I thought that, too...reminds me of Matt Cornell Rope Saddle..which I am using and enjoying LOTS.

How would that attach to a MCRS? The leather band on yours looks to stabilize it a lot...no such band on my MCRS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
let us know if they noticeably bump into things as you move around the tree.

Will do for sure. I imagine they will, at least a little, but probably no worse than the large/small caritools they replaced.

Here's a few more of the saddle Nick. It is a MCRS, I just ordered some 2" "Bridle" (edited per Stig :|: ) Leather and a bunch of Chicago Screws and bolted it all together. I didn't like hanging the saw off the suspension ropes. . .

IMG_20160513_121800798.jpg

IMG_20160513_121655361.jpg

IMG_20160513_121719787.jpg

How many here have clipped themselves to the tree on their caritools?
Happens to me all the time, getting tired of it.

Might have to get one of those new fangled clips...

I do get the caritools caught rather frequently,they tend to snap apart as I don't notice and continue about.... These or the dmm vault are definitely on the list

Ditched caritools quick, but liked the principal. Transporter fits the bill: fixed attachment, low profile, bomber, easily holds a large saw, nice design/style.

How many here have clipped themselves to the tree on their caritools?
Happens to me all the time, getting tired of it.

For sure.
First thing I do on a rec climb is remove the caritools.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never broke a Caritool, but I've lost the little wire gates, which makes them all but useless. . .

Back