AN abundance of Tree ID (video)

NickfromWI

King of Splices
You get points for making it through the whole things.

Bonus points for every mistake you find!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kp3Of1Du8P4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

love
nick

Hahahahaaa!

I love it!!

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

I think it was awesome, can you make more of these? When I was in San Diego I had no idea what I was looking at. I was trying to google everything and take my best guess. I feel like we just see the same things over and over up here. I will definitely take you up on a tree id tour if I ever make it to LA!

PS- I wanted to say later and thank you for the cool class in Indy! We had to rush out at the end and I didn't the chance.

Hey...I watched it...ALL of it. Amazing how much variety right there. Crazy amazing you can name that stuff.

Good stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You guys are just what my ego needed! 😊

Fred- great to see you again! Send me pics if you took any and I'll ID them for you!

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
1- Ceiba speciosa - silk floss tree. huge spikes on these guys!
2- fishtail palm. Caryota spp. I'm not sure exactly which one, but it's a rare palm because of its pinnate branch structure
3- Dracaena cinnabari- dragons blood tree. It has blood-red sap!

love
nick

Chamaecyparis lawsoniana because a former forestry apprentice of mine turned it into "Ka' ma' få syphilis a å ligg' me Anna" as a mnemotecnique .

Translated from the Jutland dialect to: Can one get syphilis by laying with Anna.

What you called Eugenia...then came out with a completely different scientific name...just looking at the video it looks suspiciously like Surinam cherry, Eugenia uniflora, the red tips on the new growth. Hard to really tell from the video though.

The agave you mentioned but couldn't recall the complete name, is that what we call smooth leaf agave or Agave attenuata?

Now, what's the difference between Washingtonia robusta and W. filifera?

Back