Old Gravestones Wanted

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I have a different take, I would try and find the family it belongs to. Think of the history. I don't know, just seem like something that is meant to be where the body is.

My family has a piece of land that is a family burial plot.The dates on the gravestones go way way back, well over 151 years. As long as there is still room when we die, we can be buried there, free of charge. I can't imagine someone wanting the gravestones that are there. So much family history on that plot of land.

He has a stone, maybe you didnt read that part. Unfortunately i don't have the funds to research and return stones I purchased to whoever. Some people find them unsettling. I just find the beauty in the stone itself, and what skill it took to carve in that day.

Maybe ill go to hell who knows.

Maybe ill go to hell who knows.

:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't not read the part about the guy having one. Just someone wanting old gravestones got me thinking. I did re read that particular post and I can remember being on one of Bahamian Islands and the cemetery had flooded. Can't remember if they moved the bodies or not, kind of think not. It was on one end of Grand Bahama.

Digging them up. This one was from an old cemetary that flooded, moved the bodies, and lost some stones. Those stones were replaced and this one was left behind and dug up years later. The lead plaque who knows, found at flea market.

Sounds like the totally legal, legit form of "incidental acquisition". I doubt it is legal acquisition. Just saying. Even if the flooding story is correct, did the cemetery sell it? The family?

Back