Trees: Misunderstood Creatures

theTreeSpyder

TreeHouser
Remember (y)our roots / Tree Church time!!
Earth-Day-2016.jpeg

Trees helped settle the planet, by joining into the ecosystem so well.
Earth, is battered by raw Sun energy constantly.
This energy as any other cannot be created nor destroyed, only used, stored or converted and light as an energy can also be deflected.
Other plants where doing this on a low scale, but in 1 thin layer.
It wasn't until trees learned to use lingin so well that they could stand up without falling over, and the amount of sun light usage, storage, conversion and deflection increased over 100 times. This allowed them to dominate the land's ecosystems.
By storing, using, converting and deflecting this pounding light on such larger scales;
trees might have saved the planet/at least land masses as we know it.
We think we know so much, and can teach them,
yet it is they that have figured out how to grow bigger, heavier, taller, live longer, give more etc. than anything else!
We are more familiar with dead tree bones/wood as shelter, food, tools and food than we are familiar with trees as a living organism.
Mulch is a very important tree aspect; it goes all over the ground,
well except for the little ring we allow around the trunk
- the only place it doesn't go!
We work in a neat/tidy/visual sense of order and try to dictate that to trees, raking leaves, balancing branches etc.
But trees depend on a messy/ broad / Natural order of leaves laying on the ground, and growing to unseen mechanical and Natural balances etc.
When we invented the 1man chainsaw in the 50's;
the magic tool became just a bigger gun to take down bigger prey to mount on the wall.
Just like we did with the buffalo, elephant, tiger and bear etc. until we had to put the brakes on here too.
People don't weigh out every cut in living tissue as a wound!
Trees are the real kings of the jungle; almost an animal in their prowess to set off and maintain a territory.
But trees are plants, so can't move to richer ground;
so trees do the next best thing, they create richer ground and share it with others in harmony,
while still out competing others that would reduce/not enrich it's environment.
Trees contribution play a leading role in carbon(basis for all life as we know it) cycle, nitrogen cycle(bio-waste reCycling) and oxygen make them leaders on the planet's bigger stage, whom we can learn more from, than ever teach them!
Chopping down the hillside
A tree trimming/removal site might seem like the wrong place for this,
but, many times we are the only guardians at the gate to shed more light and give reality check up to the last minute!

We now return you to the safety of normal thinking peoples.​
~ Please excuse the interruption; thanx -the mgmt. ~​

Kenny...I think it is a perfect place to put this. You gave me some ideas i had not considered before...trees are ALWAYS in the sun, wind, elements...we get a respite because we are mobile but they are relegated to remain in their ONE spot for their entire life. The rooted in one spot I have often dwelled upon...but that the tree is CONSTANTLY assaulted by the energy of the sun had not sunk in before. We use their shade...under the tree leaves...inside the home made of wood...to find safe harbor, shelter from the elements. Trees had to evolve to survive without being able to move away from the threats.

Thanks for putting that together...there is more there that I will ponder. You are an excellent word crafter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Happy (B)Earth Day !
On a big scale, you can say this planet is only more hospitable than Mars;
to give frame of reference that the whole planet is subject to being battered by
sun, wind, pounding rain/sleet/snow, temperature extremes etc.
Mostly things need breathable shelter or shell;
then still so many unseen forces that one must be aligned in a certain order against the raw forces to live.
>>collapsing out of a stated alignment against forces; degrades to disease and death.

Trees use /convert more sunlight(that then doesn't hit ground) and deflects more(even less to ground) than other plants,
Trees take in more C02, and crack it apart to give back carbon (basis for all life) and oxygen(for life to breathe out C02)than other plants.
Only plants can do the photosynthesis thang to use up light energy/so doesn't batter planet,
in process making carbon for everything else and providing oxygen!
How much CO2 is processed? >> Half a trees weight is processed carbon!
>>And there are 2 oxygen atoms freed up to every 1 carbon/ CO2
>>something tells me that is a big number.
Trees are the kings of the jungle, and stewards of the planet.

Cool thread and amazing visuals in that picture. I haven't done much tree planting but I'd like to think the ones I have planted will grow into huge massive things well after I've left this place

I've got some Bermuda cedar wood in my van, salvaged from the hurricanes two years ago, that came from trees planted in a Nature Reserve that I helped work on when it was being restored oh 25yrs ago, and the trees were some I nurtured when I was an apprentice 30years ago.
I just ran into an artist who makes the most exquisite model ships from cedar, he's going to carve a replica of our sailboat that was built by my husband and made many voyages far and wide and did some things no other Bermudian sailors have done. He knows my husband personally, they were fishing buddies long before I came on the scene. I am going to give him the cedar in my van to use for the model.
Full circle

I love trees.

Back