Little Mountain Ash

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 4K
L

Levi

This tree was broken at the bottom but still attached and leaning on the neighbor's house. Climbing and video done by my brother.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mPR3dTaFlfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool vid!

Are those chainsaw pants your bro has on?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Cory, it was fun. I'll make a ground edit I reckon when I get a chance.

I don't think those are saw pants.

Thanks for watching Joel. It aint that hard really. Windows Movie Maker=super easy.

Dang Butch, glad you liked it! My bro will be stoked. I agree, great edit. I liked the coin toss at the start, I didn't know Ray was filming that, funny!

Good work, good editing...just plain good all the way around. Y'all work well together, good teamwork.

Liked seeing the saw snow dust raining down on the brush pile. And liked seeing orange shirt shedding the saw dust...we've all done that.

Cool seeing the start of the job and then the packing up the gear. Told a full story. The music was complementary...did not overpower like some videos do.

Right on, that's great to get the good feedback, I'm glad y'all like it. I'm surprised my brother hasn't got on this thread yet as he is the creator and climber of that vid. It was a great day, a fun job, and done by lunch.

Levi,

Prior to climbing that damaged tree, you fastened two guy ropes to support it while climbing. May I ask what you fastened to on the other side of the house?

Can't help but watch this vid over and over again. Great point of view and fantastic stuff. I've shared with everyone in the house.

Joel

Joel,
We guyed the tree to 4 adjacent trees in total using 2 portawraps to tension. I'll post a vid from ground view with more setup and scenery footage when I get my gp back.

Nice work, Levi.... And great editing, for sure! We just did a mt ash a bit larger than that one last Friday. Much brushier, also in a tight spot, but not compromised in any way. Quite tedious work.

Roger, we don't have many of those trees around, that I think was the biggest one I've seen.

Here's some ground vision, not as short and well done as Ray's vid but hey, I tried.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SVkGq9DRArs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hahahha...definitely as good!! I like the perspective from the ground work..it's all part of the game. Well shot, compiled, edited..shows more of the complete experience. REAL ending at Mustard's.:lol:

Good deal, thanks Gary, glad that you liked it! Mustards is the best, one of the only Boulder businesses left from my childhood. I remember going there at 4 or 5 yrs old.

Back