Anyone ever paid to gain access??

Great story, Paul....you tweaked a funny bone with these tree guys...funny stories all around.:lol:

Love the FU money and the palm tree.

Paul, I think it was a good idea, especially for the safety part. I have done "free" work for access, as well.

Good pics!

Paul, how do you like your crane now that you've had it awhile. Iirc, you chose it largely due to price along with adequate boom length. The slow travel speed was a minus but no doubt the crab steering, 4wd, and short wheel base must be key. I know you love having a crane, I guess I'm wondering if you had to replace it, god forbid, would you get another AT or would you get a boom truck (higher travel speed, but longer wheel base, probably less ground pressure. )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cory I love my crane! I am probably an anomaly because I have such a small work area, mostly within a 10 mile radius. I can sneak that thing in where no other crane can go and with 90' of stick and a 35 ton capacity we can tackle pretty much any tree. IMO $70K was money well spent and I will continue to fix her till Im retired!

IMG_0228.jpg

Those are some cool pictures, I dig that crane. I've paid for access to a lot of jobs, usually 50-100 bucks, on one job I was cutting on it was rumored that the boss paid 10 grand to lay a log in the front yard. Never confirmed it, I was just hired to flop the spar so once I was paid I didn't really care

I've often asked for access, but the thought never occurred to offer to pay. When you guys pay, do you usually wait for them to say no before offering money? The way people think in these parts, it seems that folks could easily get insulted by that order of doing things. "Your ears plugged up or something", is what I'd probably get. Sheet, I'd have to apologise.

I've often asked for access, but the thought never occurred to offer to pay. When you guys pay, do you usually wait for them to say no before offering money? The way people think in these parts, it seems that folks could easily get insulted by that order of doing things. "Your ears plugged up or something", is what I'd probably get. Sheet, I'd have to apologise.

Usually I would lead off with the offer to pay, even when told it wasn't necessary i usually kinda left them with some kind of money. But in my experience when it comes to logging people can turn on you when your selling logs

Damn I would love one of those around here. We are so limited to what we have access to for up here and the budget or access to bring one in from further away.

Usually I would lead off with the offer to pay, even when told it wasn't necessary i usually kinda left them with some kind of money. But in my experience when it comes to logging people can turn on you when your selling logs

Hey, timbertramp! Do you think this is because it makes people mad when they think they see someone making a ton of money after they've allowed access for a small amount of money? As though they feel they've been done wrong to be left out of a big pile of money themselves? Kind of like an oil company putting a well on a property that produces millions of dollars in revenue, but the know-nothing country folk already signed a contract for small money before they knew the true value of what they were sitting on top of?

Thanks.

Tim

I replaced a $hitty strip of lawn alongside one house before to operate a skid steer through the side of that neighbor's yard to replace a much larger lawn in the one yard. Sod removal, soil and sod brought in. It was like a $600 value to the neighbor and cost me about $150 extra in materials.

Back